Sign in to follow this  
FSVKenny

P3Dv2 Run-time error 76

Hello.

I'm getting a run time error 76,

000091.png

IF you are getting an error 76, check your flight plan and remove any non alpha/numeric characters from the gates (those would be ?, /, @, $, etc)

000092.png

This is how the flight plan looks when it's imported into rc4. I've tried removing alpha/numeric characters, but no joy.

However rc4 does not crash with X-Plane 11.

Edited by FSVKenny

How is your flightplan encoded? UTF-8 may help.

Error 76 is a file/path error. Does RC4 have permissions to write to that folder?

Are you running RC4 in Admin mode?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for the replay.

How do I encoded the flightplan? I export my flight plane through Little Navmap.

How is your flightplan encoded? UTF-8 may help

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I am running RC4 as Admin and running P3D as Admin

000093.png

Edited by FSVKenny

What version of FSUIPC are you running? Make sure you have the latest. Same applies to MakeRwys.exe. Check over on Pete Dowson’s forum.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Also, please confirm plans are encoded as UTF-8.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

NotePad++ tells you. Easiest if you just attach the plan and I’ll check it.

You didn’t confirm if FSUIPC and MakeRwys are the latest.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If Net 4.5.1 is already installed then it won't let you install it again. But I don't think that's your problem.

The plan looks okay. UTF-8 is shown on the first line.

Where do you have RC installed? Inside Program Files (x86)? If so then I suggest you remove it from that location and install to C:\RC4.

Do you get the error when pressing Start RC? It doesn't like that flight plan but it's not obvious what's wrong with it. Do you get the error with all plans?

And I assume your aircraft is at the departure airport when you start RC?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

RC4 is my E:Drive, RC4 starts just fine, but crashes after I get clearance and start push back and yes crashes with all aircraft.

Maybe I should reinstall P3D, there might be something in my install of P3D that RC does not like.

Edited by FSVKenny

RC requires write access to Documents\Prepar 3D v3 Files. With everything on one computer that should be automatic but just check you can create a text file, enter some data and then save it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Have a look at this screenshot with your plan loaded.

RC4_KFAT.png?dl=0

Note all the waypoints are listed unlike in yours. But crucially you haven't pointed RC4 to the location of your plans. The path certainly isn't stored. So when RC4 tries to write a .rc4 file to My Documents\Prepar3D Files v3 it doesn't know where that location is and I suspect that is why it crashes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you check My Documents\Prepar3D Files v3 there should be a file named Program Generated Temporray Scenario.rcd. If you see that all is well.

If you don't then RC doesn't know where to write that file and will crash. I'm flying your plan and all is well.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Did my last couple of posts help?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for the help, sorry I haven't got back with you sooner, but it's been a busy work week.

No I don't see "Program Generated Temporray Scenario.rcd" in P3D's  Documents\Prepar3D Files v2 or in FSX's doc\Flight Simulator X Files.

As I suspected. You haven’t said if you have pointed RC to the location of your plans using the FLT/WX Path button. Until you do that RC doesn’t know where to create that file so crashes.

Please do so and report back.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather