Hi,

I wanted to know if it's compatible or if it even makes any sense to use DX10 Cloud Shadow with Active Sky.

Best regards.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

DX10 Fixer fixed anomalies with shadows in FSX. If you ever saw flickering in the taxiways, airport buildings, or runways, you saw anomalies with fsx shadowing techniques.  So, why wouldn't the DX10 Fixer want to fix the cloud shadows too? Active Sky is one of those addons that is fully compatible with fsx especially if DX10 Fixer is also installed.

• Upvote 1

The Fixer only fixes those anomalies listed above when the DX10 option is ticked in FSX. The "Cloud Shadows" DX10 Fixer addon allows for cloud shadows to appear on the ground. That feature isn't included with just the DX10 Fixer. I can't vouch for Active Sky one way or another. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, Jim Young said:

DX10 Fixer fixed anomalies with shadows in FSX

On 4/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, Jim Young said:

Active Sky is one of those addons that is fully compatible with fsx especially if DX10 Fixer is also installed.

Gotcha, I'm asking because I don't know if it's necessary to buy the DX10 Cloud shadows for 4.99€ if I'm going to buy Active Sky. I know that DX10 fixer is compatible, but since both Active Sky and the cloud shadows seem similar that's why I ask.

Active Sky is a ( very good) weather engine.  It improves the accuracy of the weather representation by creating realistic cloudscapes.

Cloud shadows provides shadows on the ground underneath the clouds.

They do different things but are compatible.

• Upvote 1

TL;DR: You'll want all three (fixer, clouds, and active sky), and they work+look great together.

(or maybe four: +ASCA)