I was having issues with external USB drives I added recently, like copies and moves with occasional error, I was able to update some USB related drivers in Windows 10 just by requesting them to be updated via Device Manager. Then I rebooted the PC and apparently it got stuck at the Win10 start screen (the one with revolving dots). Then I reset the PC and now nothing appears at the screen anymore, I mean, there seems to be a video signal somehow because the monitor (a 4k TV) stops showing the "lack of a signal" message, it just goes blank, which makes me think the video card is sending something. During boot up I hit DEL key forever to try to get into BIOS(UEFI) but it doesn't happen. No beeps, nothing.

Did my video card die? Some bizarre USB conflict that is preventing the PC from booting since I was messing with USB previously? Is it possible?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

If the monitor doesn't go to standby, then it could be a driver or something else. I would expect to get to the BIOS though.

Try reseating the card and memory.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I've had a similar problem - although I think not identical - I could hear the PC start but there was no video display.  On professional advice I did the following:

• Switch the PC off at the wall
  • Disconnect all video cables
  • Press the boot button and hold it for 30 seconds  and then press and release the boot button about 15 times (this drains the onboard capacitor so you get a completely cold start). 
  • Reconnect the video cable
  • Turn the power back on and restart the PC

I think that's the right order.

I know it sounds like an April Fool's joke but it worked for me.

Edited by ailchim

ngxu_banner.png

What I discovered later on: after leaving the PC on for lots of time the initial BIOS/UEFI screen of ASUS/American Megatrends showed up with an error. Now, I've had converted from BIOS to UEFI lots of time ago (like a year now maybe) and I read that UEFI must have the OS (win10) in working conditions to be accessed, WHAT?!? Anyway it seems to explain why I can't even load the BIOS/UEFI screen, and I'm assuming that my Win10 installation got corrupted, yes. Now, that time that the UEFI showed up it asked for pressing F1 to get into the settings screen, which I did, with the intention to change the boot sequence to my Blu-ray/optical drive first, since I do have a recovery CD-ROM ready for these cases. Unfortunately I didn't succeeded in changing the boot sequence and the system rebooted again, now I'm stuck at the first phase again, nothing seems to work. So at least as I imagined it isn't a video card issue, but how to get into UEFI settings screen in this case???

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Oh well, now it's stuck at a "Entering Boot Menu..." black screen message. If I knew that this UEFI thing was so dumb I wouldn't have converted!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho