Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Such wonderful vistas, Tyrolean and German Alps

Beautiful Innsbruck airport, a great place, along with Sion in Switzerland, to enjoy Xplane11's outstanding alpine mesh and Aerobask's free Robin, and Simheaven's free dense forests which quadruple forest density in Xplane11 with no performance hit.  I have added some pics of Innsbruck and Germany's Neuschwanstein castle, inspiration for the Disney castles, which I visited a few times between 1977 and 1991.  These pics were taken in 1987, I last visited the German and Austrian alps in 2017 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of my first trip there and the 90th anniversary of Lindburgh's crossing, flying roundtrip into London in May of that year and finishing more than a month later.

I picked up a western Trafalgar European tour out of London.  My origin, which I flew non stop on British Airways from was Phoenix.  Now American also has a Heathrow Non Stop to compete with British Airways, which BA does not have to worry about because their London flights are at capacity.  Ironically I had to get run over by an SUV in March to allow for another London only trip, one I might take my daughter on this summer, as the insurance money is needed to pay for my recovery and learning to walk better again.  Touched very hard by an angel, lol!  At least I can laugh about it now somewhat, I was not laughing a month ago.

John

DhgovBm.png
S9xvw4M.png
wrbQVnU.png
teOe9HH.png
94U5ovK.png
M1N6PYy.png
TWUGNZv.png
PBCAss1.png
yT1pH9l.png
vlgjSTc.png
pILLhaw.png
Ke3854n.png
C2lFD3G.jpg
pACsD7x.jpg
xMfREsh.jpg
hh5CDHM.jpg
XMFWkTM.jpg
UvIxI2v.jpg
xRPHX9E.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice. I like the supplemental real life shots also.

John

• Like 1