Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

More Alps up to the Matterhorn

Alabeo's Cardinal attempting to summit the Alps on a trip to Italy, passing the mighty Matterhorn and Gornergrat, with Switzerland's highest peaks on display...

John

J6KEhJ6.png
iPM9pPj.png
iEvdBIi.png
RNQwCt5.png
y4SwfB0.png
IsWfPX1.png
Gmi8f8H.png
AZHDxmc.png
eBAJFhg.png
uyXEOMc.png
IrSKqYs.png
bop0PFf.png
VaCUHr5.png
TCr9bFi.png
gNSE6DS.png
G15YsEI.png
sVyfBAT.png
4wKRVks.png
aZct08u.png
O1swtEB.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It's so impressive how real a good phtoscenery looks. - This comments all three posts of you wonderful Alps series; however, this here is the one with the most rememberings for myself. When GDR ceased to exist, Swiss Alps and especially the Mattervispa valley was one of the first "western" holiday location I visited, together with my parents in these early 90ies. And since then I used to come back again and again.

Btw, shot #9 shows the location of Randa landslide which occured in 1991 at the lower edge of the picture. Not to mention the summits, from left: Mte. Rosa - Lyskamm - The Twins (Castor & Pollux) - Breithorn - Little Matterhorn - the Theodul pass - and then Matterhorn itself, not the highest, but the most prominent peak of the Zermatt circle of summits.

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

47 minutes ago, HaraldG said:

It's so impressive how real a good phtoscenery looks. - This comments all three posts of you wonderful Alps series; however, this here is the one with the most rememberings for myself. When GDR ceased to exist, Swiss Alps and especially the Mattervispa valley was one of the first "western" holiday location I visited, together with my parents in these early 90ies. And since then I used to come back again and again.

Btw, shot #9 shows the location of Randa landslide which occured in 1991 at the lower edge of the picture. Not to mention the summits, from left: Mte. Rosa - Lyskamm - The Twins (Castor & Pollux) - Breithorn - Little Matterhorn - the Theodul pass - and then Matterhorn itself, not the highest, but the most prominent peak of the Zermatt circle of summits.

I took the Gornergrat train during my visit to Zermatt in 1982.   To add to this thread, here is a nice video of the ride taken by someone else, from the top of Europe... 

• Like 2

Superb shots, John, but is this really photoscenery?

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

56 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Superb shots, John, but is this really photoscenery?

No, I do not recall saying it was, someone else responded and said they thought it was.  I love it for the outstanding quality of mesh and landmarks, and since I have added Simheaven's free VFR landmarks which puts a castle in the midst of Sion, adds nice churches and cathedrals, power plants, etc to just add a rich dimension to Xplane11 at no fps or fluidity cost.

John

38 minutes ago, John_Cillis said:

someone else responded and said they thought it was

Yes, that was me. I meant to recognize some landmarks, for instance the Randa landslide, that I hardly thought to be shown in a generic/stock scenery, as well as streets and places in the little village of Taesch (visible at #9 and #15) that I know very well.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg