Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

SweetFX/Reshade in FSX-SE + Windows10, windowed?

Hello everyone. I asked in the SweetFX forum, but almost no one goes there, so I'm trying again here.

Has anybody been able to run SweetFX or Reshade in Windows 10 (version 1803 or newer)? I've tried doing so, but FSX-SE refuses to start (FS9 does neither).

I've also tried installing the June/2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes, but it does still not work. I've run out of ideas. Does anybody have another one?

For reference, my specs are at my signature below.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Luis, you are technically breaking the rules by having 2 identical topics in 2 different forums.  Should I do a temporary removal of the one in the SweetFX forum?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Should I do a temporary removal of the one in the SweetFX forum?

Yes, please remove the other one. No one is paying attention there. At least here it has more exposure...

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Yes, please remove the other one. No one is paying attention there. At least here it has more exposure...

Already done and did.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 4/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

Hello everyone. I asked in the SweetFX forum, but almost no one goes there, so I'm trying again here.

Has anybody been able to run SweetFX or Reshade in Windows 10 (version 1803 or newer)? I've tried doing so, but FSX-SE refuses to start (FS9 does neither).

I've also tried installing the June/2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes, but it does still not work. I've run out of ideas. Does anybody have another one?

For reference, my specs are at my signature below.

If you are using DX10 Fixer with FSX-SE then I think only version 1 of Reshade is working.
And then you have to rename the ReShade32.dll to d3d11.dll (at least I had to, in my system) for FSX-SE to start.

Thanks, niklaslan. I don't have DX10 Fixer; I didn't see any performance improvement when enabling DX10 Preview and I didn't go further. Thus, I'm stuck in DX9.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,

Sorry for necroing, but I think I found the solution: I was simply overwriting the settings file with a new one. Instead, I decided to install SweetFX from scratch, and then started transcribing the settings from the configuration I had to the one I installed. Now it works so far.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,