Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Recovering from map white out

Any possibility down the road of including the ability to recover from the map white out with the red X? I'm guessing one could keep flying,  shut down P2A and restart but trying to pick up the flight in the middle seems like it would be an issue.

I realize the problem doesn't occur a lot but when it does, it's really annoying, especially on a long flight.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic.  

Unfortunately, shutting down the program is the only way to recover that control.

The way to get back to where you were in the flight with P2A would be:

Before shutdown

1. Save your Filed Flight Plan
  2. Take note of your assigned ATC Controller and Frequency
  3. Pause the SIM - to prevent the Center Controller from changing
  4. Shutdown

After Restart

1. Load saved flight plan
  2. Resume the SIM
  3. File flight plan
  4. Check that you are tuned to the previously assigned Controller
  5. Make appropriate initial call.  For example "Center, <CallSign> at FL 320

You should get a new Squawk code and the flight continues normally after that.  This works best when at cruise altitude and before you get an assigned Arrival procedure/instructions.  You don't usually have to pause the SIM, but I recommend it so your progress during the restart doesn't change the assigned controller, flight state, etc.

Dave

That makes sense. I'll give it a try if it happens again.

Thanx!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I get this white-out map with the red X quite often, at least a couple of times every time I fly, any idea on what causes this? Thanks

Be sure you're running the latest version of the program.

It seems to occur mostly when the map is set to center on the aircraft.  Try flying without the center on aircraft option.  If you lose the aircraft, press the center on aircraft button and once it centers, click on it again to turn it off.

Dave