Sign in to follow this  
annber

Xplane 11 & P3D v4 in same computer

Hi guys,

I am a developer of scenery for FSX & P3D, and I am starting to take the steps needed to convert them to Xplane 11. I am concerned about installing Xplane in the same system where I have P3D installed. The last thing I need is for something to screw my P3D install, so my question to you all, can Xplane11 and P3D co-exist in the same computer? Can they do so in the same drive? Should they be in diferent drives? Can I install Xplane11 on a portable drive?

Anyone with experience having both simulators please give me feedback, much appreciated.

Bernardo.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

No issues at all.  I run that exact combination.  XP11 is much less invasive than P3D/FSX.  It's self contained in one folder and you can usually move it around with issues.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

No issues at all.  I run that exact combination.  XP11 is much less invasive than P3D/FSX.  I

🍺

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

No issues at all.  I run that exact combination.  XP11 is much less invasive than P3D/FSX.  It's self contained in one folder and you can usually move it around with issues.

Thanks Ryan!

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Mine are both installed on the same drive

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

On 4/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, annber said:

Hi guys,

I am a developer of scenery for FSX & P3D, and I am starting to take the steps needed to convert them to Xplane 11. I am concerned about installing Xplane in the same system where I have P3D installed. The last thing I need is for something to screw my P3D install, so my question to you all, can Xplane11 and P3D co-exist in the same computer? Can they do so in the same drive? Should they be in diferent drives? Can I install Xplane11 on a portable drive?

Anyone with experience having both simulators please give me feedback, much appreciated.

Bernardo.

Hi Bernardo, I have both P3D and XP11 on same drive and haven't had any issues with either one. Seems to work fine, go for it.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

XP will not touch any of your system files , it might just stored a few .prf files under Appdata\Local. 

nothing to worry 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I jumped ship from FSX and one of the pleasures of XP11 is that its a very neat installation. In fact it doesnt even "install" into Windows. Its like a big portable installation. All addons, tweaks, everything goes under the XP11 root. 

Its SO much cleaner than what I had to deal with in FSX with (in true MS fashion) scattered stuff into app data local, program files, my documents, program data, etc. Messy. 

You can have FSX, DCS, p3D, XP11 all on the same computer no issues. XP11 "keeps to itself " :D