Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

default ATC and MCE

Hi

I have been using VoxATC for my ATC sessions in P3dV4 for a very long time but the way VoxATC handles AI traffic (aircraft disappears, they run in to each other etc) I am very tempted to go back to using default ATC. I love many features of the default ATC system including how it handles AI traffic. I know It has shortcomings including lack of SID/STARS, approach controllers that send you back and forth on approaches etc. Many things can actually be done to improve this however including updated Nav data from FSAerodata, the fact that you can request a different approach to avoid the nagging controllers and of course use MCE for speech recognition 🙂

Now to my problem that is not so much a VFR flight problem but more an IFR one where you naturally have to communicate more and readback longer sentences like clearance etc. The problem is, I never know what to say and if you dont say it exactly the way P3D expects you to nothing happends. VoxATC solves this by providing a text box with the words you are supposed to say. I know its not 100% realistic but you never get stuck and you dont have to activate that window if you dont want to. Is something similar possible with MCE.

I used MCE only for the default ATC speech recognition features in the past and am looking to go back and do so now again. Since I fly single engine aircraft only I dont care about copilots, checklists etc. So also in this post I wonder if the ATC portion of the product sees and/or will see or has seen recently 🙂 any updates and new features? It has been over a year since I purchased and used MCE the last time but I want to start using it again.

Mike           

Edited by mikced76

Hi mikced76,

did you try to let your copilot reply to ATC for the times you don't know what to say as response? The phrase "handle ATC" should take care of any response. After that you will still be in control to communicate with ATC. That way you stay in charge of the radio communication.

Quote from "IFR tutorial for Native FSX & FS9 ATC":

If you are completely overwhelmed by the pace at which ATC clearances are flowing,  
and are unable to cope with, there are some cheat commands, that will prevent  
cancellation of your flight plan due to failure to reply.  
Any time, you can’t utter the correct phraseology; you could select an ATC option  
using the following voice commands, without pressing joystick button or keyboard  
Delete key.

ATC one  
ATC two  
ATC three  
Etc…
Option one  
Option two  
Option three
Etc…

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Thanks for your reply although I would like to do my ATC communications myself. Flying a C182 its not so common to have a copilot to handle ATC either 🙂 What I would like to see is more flexibility in the way that you dont have to say the exact, exact same line P3D is expecting, just like in real Life you sometimes would use different Words or perhaps like VoxATC a textbox to aid in what to say.

Also since I use MCE only for the ATC bit I am curious if any updates have been made to this area in the last year or so since I used MCE and if anything is planned for the future. Default ATC aint that bad and with MCE its even better 🙂  

9 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Hi

I have been using VoxATC for my ATC sessions in P3dV4 for a very long time but the way VoxATC handles AI traffic (aircraft disappears, they run in to each other etc) I am very tempted to go back to using default ATC. I love many features of the default ATC system including how it handles AI traffic. I know It has shortcomings including lack of SID/STARS, approach controllers that send you back and forth on approaches etc. Many things can actually be done to improve this however including updated Nav data from FSAerodata, the fact that you can request a different approach to avoid the nagging controllers and of course use MCE for speech recognition 🙂

Now to my problem that is not so much a VFR flight problem but more an IFR one where you naturally have to communicate more and readback longer sentences like clearance etc. The problem is, I never know what to say and if you dont say it exactly the way P3D expects you to nothing happends. VoxATC solves this by providing a text box with the words you are supposed to say. I know its not 100% realistic but you never get stuck and you dont have to activate that window if you dont want to. Is something similar possible with MCE.

I used MCE only for the default ATC speech recognition features in the past and am looking to go back and do so now again. Since I fly single engine aircraft only I dont care about copilots, checklists etc. So also in this post I wonder if the ATC portion of the product sees and/or will see or has seen recently 🙂 any updates and new features? It has been over a year since I purchased and used MCE the last time but I want to start using it again.

Mike           

You mentioned being unsure what to say.

Suggest you write down all messages that come to you naturally, including those you're used to with VOXATC, and which MCE doesn't seem to pick-up.

A speech grammar update will then follow (some files in \Multi Crew Experience\CandC\ folder. It doesn't need a software update per se.

Edited by FS++