Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

7 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

This is very nice! It mentions PBR support for autogen trees, even if I'm not entirely sure of the benefit of that. I'm very, very curious what the 'night lighting' enhancements entail. The changelog mentions higher texture resolution and 'freeways will stand out from the urban sprawl'. Curious to see how that will actually look like in the sim, It's no secret that P3D's night environment would benefit from some enhancements... Also, I'm, happy to see they make further enhancements to the loading speed of complex scenery addons. I assume this came out of OrbX's TE GB issues?

At any rate, let the waiting for developer confirmation over addon compatibility begin! As always, I won't update until I know for sure that at least my most critical addons will keep working.

Sorry to be a pain, Benjamin, but kindly point me to the improved loading times if possible.

interesting....

Added key event to refresh shaders.

15 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Sorry to be a pain, Benjamin, but kindly point me to the improved loading times if possible.

Found it! Optimised model loading times.

Isn't it usually around this point they start to move on to the next major branch, 5.0 in this case or have we seen iterations beyond x.5 in the past?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

36 minutes ago, Ekim said:

Nope, just uninnstall client and content modules, then download and reinstall.

Be aware many aircraft or addons will need an update to be 4.5 compatible.

Does this mean that the PMDG aircraft won't work until updated by developer?

thanks

P3D v3 had upto v3.4 iirc. I'd expect P3D v5 to be announced or teased at the FSExpo in June. Hopefully, this means that the FSL update drops soon.

Aerosoft have announced on their forums that everything already released will work with v4.5 so anyone with their Airbus etc. should be able to use from the off

They do say that anything released going forward will require v4.5 though

• Upvote 1

Anyone knows the compatibility with active sky? That comes first to mind 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Just now, Johnny19 said:

Anyone knows the compatibility with active sky? That comes first to mind 

Active Sky always needs a compatibility patch. They are usually pretty fast bringing that out, however.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Donkey and a cart, thank god i’ve Posted every day in their forums for this. God is good installing now.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

1 minute ago, Shylock_35 said:

Donkey and a cart, thank god i’ve Posted every day in their forums for this. God is good installing now.

LOL!

11 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Isn't it usually around this point they start to move on to the next major branch, 5.0 in this case or have we seen iterations beyond x.5 in the past?

Never was a 3.5 but there was a 2.5. Never beyond .5 that I recall.

yeah what are the usual suspects that need updating:

ASP4

FSUIPC

PTA

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

And nobody has seen the signs:

Sz7yEPe.jpg

• Like 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------