Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

I will check back in a couple of weeks when the addons are sorted.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Anyone noticed improved initial scenery loading? I have the thing where it takes an age to load photoscenery in 4.4

I don't do photo scenery but yes, the 6% traffic jam is much better now. 

• Like 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So is 4.5 any good guys ? 

i'm staying on 4.4 until p3dv5 releases.  I'm not going through the mess of uninstall/install/update 3rd party stuff/ etc....i have way too many addons and not in mood to update anymore until version5.

Edited by Arthur42417
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I am sticking with 4.4 at the moment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

All good here. I've updated client and content according to Poppets guide. Deleted P3D.cfg and shader cache. Then AS and FSUIPC updated. Run ORBX Central and uninstalled/reinstalled HD trees (Not sure if this was necessary).

Have not yet  tested with photoscenery, but loading a saved scenario at YSSY (FT) and FTX AU was faster then before (only 10 seconds at 6%).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'll update if the PBR issue is fixed...

Edited by pvupilot

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am sticking with 4.4 at the moment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Which implies it ain't broke.😉 I would call photo scenery loading times much greater than 5 min close to broke.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

56 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

Well that's a bummer. The AA issue with PBR has been an experience killer for me, was hoping this would fix that issue

Oh well... another 5 months... 

Scenery loading times down to a few minutes. Supposedly there are improvements to VR. I'd love to see what they are. Still no support for VR controllers and pop-up windows don't react to mouse input. I just did the Client, maybe if I did the Content and scenery?

Or maybe if I just stopped bothering and went back to pancake view?  :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

17 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Scenery loading times down to a few minutes. Supposedly there are improvements to VR. I'd love to see what they are. Still no support for VR controllers and pop-up windows don't react to mouse input. I just did the Client, maybe if I did the Content and scenery?

Or maybe if I just stopped bothering and went back to pancake view?  :unsure:

Hey Ron.... Did you ever figure out what a "MOBO" is...??

Sorry Dude..... I just couldn't resist......🤣  😁

Edited by SunDevil56

With everything mentioned in this post, I don’t think I’ll be updating. The fixes and improvements list isn’t what I was expecting for v4.5. I was really hoping they’d at least do something with the outdated ATC we’ve been stuck with ever since FS2004, or maybe an update on the way AI traffic behaves etc but I guess they’re more concerned about the trees....

1 minute ago, Deltaair1212 said:

With everything mentioned in this post, I don’t think I’ll be updating. The fixes and improvements list isn’t what I was expecting for v4.5. I was really hoping they’d at least do something with the outdated ATC we’ve been stuck with ever since FS2004, or maybe an update on the way AI traffic behaves etc but I guess they’re more concerned about the trees....

If these points will ever be updated (which I doubt) it certainly won't happen in a point release.

8 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

hey come on, LM have provided an AI tiger and a leopard! plus a donkey and a cart scenery object.....! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

If these points will ever be updated (which I doubt) it certainly won't happen in a point release.

You’re right. At the very bottom of the page on their website they boast about being open to suggestions etc on their forums but everytime I bring my arguments to the table they never respond. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kand said:

hey come on, LM have provided an AI tiger and a leopard! plus a donkey and a cart scenery object.....! 

Haha! I’m surprised they haven’t given us an update that allows grass to grow