Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

18 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Like to know more about this point. Is it confirmed ? X-validated by other sources ? I know PBR was under the spotlight previously and saw also developpers like Flytampa quite reluctant but it was a interesting feature I'll like to see by myself when my (future) addons get compatible.

4.4 Needed content for PBR as people that just updated client were having issues. This was clarified by PMDG.

Not sure if 4.5 client includes the required things or if content is still required.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

As I said, updated, no issues, can't see any difference. Just my 2 cents. 

Alot of the added value is for developers to do more than they could previously.  The difference will become evident in the third party development process.

I had a pretty flight yesterday with Pmdg without problems.

When Orbx released Barcelona cityscape i had about 12 minutes on starting the scenery.

Now it just takes 2 minutes to start.

• Like 4

Miguel Leandro

I'm shocked. Literally started reinstalling yesterday on 4.4 haha. Ah well. redo

Victor Roos

17 hours ago, EastFB72 said:

Aerosoft have announced on their forums that everything already released will work with v4.5 so anyone with their Airbus etc. should be able to use from the off

They do say that anything released going forward will require v4.5 though

Just a note here that it is only the software Aerosoft that they have done themselves and not the software with thier names added. Even then I thought that SimStarter NG was an Aeorosoft product only And it is not usable since it does not recognize P3dv4.5 at the moment.

Ken

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Like to know more about this point. Is it confirmed ? X-validated by other sources ? I know PBR was under the spotlight previously and saw also developpers like Flytampa quite reluctant but it was a interesting feature I'll like to see by myself when my (future) addons get compatible.

We were told this by Lockheed Martin developer engineers inside the private beta forums, after discovering an issue with metal PBR material, so for this reason I cannot give you any link for this.

But basically if you do not update your content many metal PBR materials will be rendered black, other developers including PMDG can confirm my advise if this would make you more confortable.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Alot of the added value is for developers to do more than they could previously.  The difference will become evident in the third party development process.

You missed my point. Update works ok for me, no issues, and that what matters to me. 

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

It is stated that you can rebuild the shaders without to restart the sim, how do you do that? I have tried to find it in the P3Dv4.5 menu but no findings so far.

EDIT: I found it. You need to define a key event under the Options - Key Assignments, the name is "Reload Shaders". This is great for i.e. PTA users.

Edited by casv
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, casv said:

EDIT: I found it. You need to define a key event under the Options - Key Assignments, the name is "Reload Shaders". This is great for i.e. PTA users.

Correct.

Also Developers can trigger this now via SimConnect or PDK, so if you build an add-on that work with these.. you can reset the shaders automatically for the end user.

Regards,
Simbol

57 minutes ago, simbol said:

We were told this by Lockheed Martin developer engineers inside the private beta forums, after discovering an issue with metal PBR material, so for this reason I cannot give you any link for this.

But basically if you do not update your content many metal PBR materials will be rendered black, other developers including PMDG can confirm my advise if this would make you more confortable.

Regards,
Simbol

Thank you for elaborating your previous answer 😉 I  This is what I was eager to know. Thx.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

6 hours ago, ibelarry said:

Hey Folks!

I need to update my critique of 4.5.  The loading time issues with TrueEarth Netherlands is not due to 4.5 update but an issue with the latest update for TrueEarth Netherlands.  After disabling sheds, greenhouses and lighthouses in the TE NLD control panel my loading times improved significantly as a matter of fact loading times of other intensive ORBX scenery such as Orlando and Gold Coast loading times were dramatically improved.

But ORBX claimed those problems would vanish with the update of P3D. Seems they were wrong.

Can anyone comment on the improved night lighting in 4.5?    How much of a visual improvement is it with Chris Bell and Orbx night lighting enhancements?  

is it a much difference? loading times sounds promising.. less popin as well. hmm

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

just took the first flight. Same i use as a test scenario with 4.4

I have to say that i am really disappointed in terms of performance. i nearly have 25% less fps and it is stuttering like crazy......

Carsten U