Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

just took the first flight. Same i use as a test scenario with 4.4

I have to say that i am really disappointed in terms of performance. i nearly have 25% less fps and it is stuttering like crazy......

You fu**ed it up. Maybe you didn't delete the shader cache or something like that. If troubles arise it's better to rename prepared3d.cfg and let rebuild it.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

12 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

Any word on the donkey and cart??? 

They've put the cart before the donkey but if you install Donkey Professional v 4.9.5.1.2 Beta 5, it works provided that you disable your antivirus and update to the latest Nvidia drivers.

My biggest issue with 4.4 was the loading time at the 6% mark and I hoped for improvements with 4.5. And wow, LM nailed it! The loading times at the 6% mark for the ORBX CityScene sceneries are now neglectable (running on a Samsung EVO860 SSD). Barcelona loads only 20seconds and Gold Coast some 8 seconds at 6%.

I cannot see any big FPS change (neither negative nor positive), but night lighting looks better. All in all, I am very happy and the 6% fix alone made it worth for me to update. Other than the ORBX stuff, my installation uses the add-on.xml method. This makes upgrading easy and I always do a vanilla new install of the whole sim (including settings and shaders). On my setup, the sim runs best without any P3D.cfg tweaks and I am not concerned about any lost settings when updating. The only file I always keep is my controls configuration, but everything else is handled by the add-on.xml and FTX Central.

• Like 3

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

what about terrain and texture loading in square patches? has it been resolved?

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

36 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

You fu**ed it up. Maybe you didn't delete the shader cache or something like that. If troubles arise it's better to rename prepared3d.cfg and let rebuild it.

lol

After disabling sheds, greenhouses and lighthouses in the TE NLD control panel my loading times improved significantly as a matter of fact loading times of other intensive ORBX scenery such as Orlando and Gold Coast loading times were dramatically improved.

Yes, but then you do not see sheds, greenhouses and lighthouses in the Netherlands scenery. Not exactly a solution.

For the record, I have never suffered from excessively long loading times in P3D v4, but then I disable those scenery areas that I am not going to use, and I also have all of those 3DM files disabled in ORBx TrueEarth GB South.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Casv  is it Reload Shaders or Reload user objects you mean, in Options, key assigments?

Geo

6 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Casv  is it Reload Shaders or Reload user objects you mean, in Options, key assigments?

Geo

Reload Shaders it is.

23 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

My biggest issue with 4.4 was the loading time at the 6% mark and I hoped for improvements with 4.5. And wow, LM nailed it!

While it’s good to hear that this somewhat irksome issue has, to a large extent, been resolved one has to ask why it has taken so long to confront this issue? Doubtless other priorities have taken precedent.

Loading delay times at the 6% mark seemed to be directly proportional to the number and complexity of active scenery areas. If you restricted active areas by disabling those considered to be irrelevant for a particular flight then the 6% issue was no longer significant. Compare loading times of any flight scenario from a virgin installation against one that has numerous scenery additions and the problem is clearly exposed. 

It would seem, therefore, that the code has been changed in some way to make these pre-flight manipulations of active sceneries unnecessary, and Prepar3D is no longer scanning/loading data from scenery covering areas far remote from your current intended flight situation. If this is the case then it must be welcomed. I assume that there will also be enhanced mechanisms to deal with the loading and unloading of scenery during any particular flight.

Haven’t updated as yet so unable to confirm.

Mike

• Upvote 1

I updated my P3D without problems and many addons work without updating (I had to update PTA and Active Sky). For me, it is one of the best updates I have seen in Prepar3D!

2019-4-10-14-31-57-820.jpg

2019-4-10-14-29-41-174.jpg

And loading times are much faster!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Any improvement in performance?  I got a small bump in some of the recent releases and am wondering if that's the case for 4.5

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

9 hours ago, daelight said:

Same trouble, rebooted the PC. All good after that.

Thanks daelight, tried that too, didn't work. Today is a new day........

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

i'm good with all the stuff and addons and visual quality and loading times ( Fresh install of the whole sim with deleting all the folders in Roaming and local and Pdata folder ). everything new, but I have one little issue, wether My FPS limiter inside the sim is set to unlimited, limited, Vsync off or on, Nvidia Setting on - off ... Almost evey possible single setting that I have tried from all defaults to changing them one by one to removing and reinstalling my Nvidia Driver using DDU in Safe mode, removing Any hardware monitoring apps, and cleaning winreg from their footprints.... However, My FPS is locked at 30FPS ... I know some scenes that my system is able to maintain 150-180 FPS on the default installation, there I'm getting 30FPS ... I know a place in my sim where on the most demanding situation I used to maintain 40-45 FPS , again stuck at 30FPS :|. anyone with any idea ?

Best Regards.

8 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

i'm good with all the stuff and addons and visual quality and loading times ( Fresh install of the whole sim with deleting all the folders in Roaming and local and Pdata folder ). everything new, but I have one little issue, wether My FPS limiter inside the sim is set to unlimited, limited, Vsync off or on, Nvidia Setting on - off ... Almost evey possible single setting that I have tried from all defaults to changing them one by one to removing and reinstalling my Nvidia Driver using DDU in Safe mode, removing Any hardware monitoring apps, and cleaning winreg from their footprints.... However, My FPS is locked at 30FPS ... I know some scenes that my system is able to maintain 150-180 FPS on the default installation, there I'm getting 30FPS ... I know a place in my sim where on the most demanding situation I used to maintain 40-45 FPS , again stuck at 30FPS :|. anyone with any idea ?

Best Regards.

Assuming you're using Windows 10, did you turn off the 'Game Bar'? I've heard that has been the cause of a few mysterious FPS locks in various games.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Samany69 said:

Best Regards.

I don’t mean to hijack this post but honestly you shouldn’t run frames that high anyways. Sync your frames to your monitors refresh rate. If it’s 60hz then your frames should be locked at 60fps. That provides up with the best performance. But if your monitor is at 144hz then I guess you can still lock your frames that high but anytime the frames dip below that magic number you’ll get annoying stutters.