Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

I think it is great that we have V.5 out now, that said it sure does feel light on the changes! This new update is really making me think of other options. We have a lot of new stuff coming in VR and it appears this was somewhat ignored; no mention of controller interface? Every new version I have done a vanilla install, and of course all the addon aircraft and scenery reinstall. Maybe my marriage with P3D is becoming less appealing due to the constant fixes. At this point, I will commit to P3DV5 and if that does not pan out as it should then I will move on down the road! Don't get me wrong P3D is a great platform but if customer feedback is sorta swept under the rug, then why ask? On the forum it has an area, What changes and improvements would you like to see...Sorta feel let down! All the above post are kinda pointing to the same questions, are the addons updated, will this work, will that work, stuttering, freezing, long loading, we are in V.5 now and still have these issues, is Lockheed listening to us, if so why do this things continue to plague this platform?

Sorry but it's a point release - why would you expect major changes? Simmers like us aren't Lockheed Martin's target market, businesses and governments with deep pockets are - funnily enough they're not that bothered about major improvements to things like trees, they're using it for flight modelling etc and want a stable environment, which is what LM are aiming for with their "constant fixes".

I don't really understand where you would go - go to X-Plane if you want but they have their own set of issues. You're not going to get a platform with the ridiculous number of addons *anywhere* that is free of issues.

Edited by Tawmu
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Has anybody noticed that the cloud shadow shader in 4.5 has been updated and the shadows no longer pop on and off under certain sun angles and terrain types? Or maybe, I just haven't used the right combination of conditions that cause this problem to happen.

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Has anybody noticed that the cloud shadow shader in 4.5 has been updated and the shadows no longer pop on and off under certain sun angles and terrain types? Or maybe, I just haven't used the right combination of conditions that cause this problem to happen.

Yes I thought I did also recognize that. But I wasn´t shore. Yesterday I did some testing with the new PTA 2.65 version and the 1.5 RD preset. I thought that the problem exists further after installing that preset (RD 1.5). This afternoon I will delete that one again and restore the original shaders (SHSL folder).. I will do some testing untill the weekend. Will see if it was placebo or it solved. Would be great if it has been solved because the immersion did really suffered. I fly only in VR (Samsung Odyssey). Due the faster head movements it was really a pain having this constantly flickering shadows. I will report back in 1 or 2 days. What do other users found out about this? Would be great to get some further meanings and feedback.

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

After everything I went through getting 4.4 to work, all the addons working, the elevation fixes for my addon airports, etc., I'm passing for now. Although 4.4 was a huge visual improvement over 4.3 IMHO.

I still have the cloud shadow issues here.

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I still have the cloud shadow issues here.

Same here

So fare no issues after client, content and scenery update. No more ugly cones from green/with airport beacons, instead finaly a propper roatating light source. Performance no issues, maybe even slightly smother (placebo effect?).

Working in v4.5:

Active Sky (with update)
Ezca 3 (with update)
UT live
ENVTEX and ENVSHADE (with update)
Rex SF
FSUIPC5
Multicrew Experience
A2A GA aircraft c182, Bonanza
FlightBeam KDEN (with cloud shadows)
GSX
TerraFlora Trees
Orbx LC, Global, Vector
AI lights reborn Free edition (very. 3.3.4) 😍

MILVIZ Beaver and Otter, interior lights dont work and REX Weather Radar CTD, disabled the Radar -> flys

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

2 hours ago, Samany69 said:

Same here

Its probably not fixed and I just haven't seen it yet.

• Upvote 1

Mtr75 you are not really missing anything big that I have seen so far, probably a good move to stay put for a few days or weeks. The only reason I installed V.5 is that V.4 went bye-bye when my OS crashed about 2 months ago. I do not think V.5 is bad but if you are stable on V.4 and happy with it why change now. In my case I run P3D and X-Plane so when one is acting up I have a fallback, both platforms have good and bad, guess it is the nature of the beast!

On 4/11/2019 at 5:17 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Here's a few quick screen shots. It would take a while to cover the variety in land classes.

Norway Mountains

The Bahamas

Mixed Urban Suburban - Spring

Thanks for the shots. In the 3rd view 'Mixed Urban Suburban - Spring', the trees in the central region are clearly not Speedtree and it shows how awful the oversized trees when compared with the surrounding corrected size Speedtrees. We are in 2019 and still see those oversize tree models from FSX era in P3D.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Its probably not fixed and I just haven't seen it yet.

(On the out-of-view cloud shadow issue...)

I recall conversations about this situation in the past and if I'm not mistaken, it was a pretty deeply buried limitation of the rendering engine. I got a bit psyched up seeing the possible reports of a fix, but I'm not surprised it's being walked back.

This would likely require one of those ground-up rewrites of the core rendering engine. The kind of thing that would require add-ons to start from scratch with P3D....

6 hours ago, Oliver Ooi said:

Thanks for the shots. In the 3rd view 'Mixed Urban Suburban - Spring', the trees in the central region are clearly not Speedtree and it shows how awful the oversized trees when compared with the surrounding corrected size Speedtrees. We are in 2019 and still see those oversize tree models from FSX era in P3D.

Take a look at Terra Flora Trees, they are corrected in size and provide even better performance.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

@Rasterfahnder I took a look and was impressed until I saw the price! I'll stick with ORBX Trees HD that I already have. I'm sure everything will eventually go speed tree once performance is further optimised.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If I am not entirely wrong, ORBX Trees HD are also size corrected, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS