Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

11 hours ago, Oliver Ooi said:

Thanks for the shots. In the 3rd view 'Mixed Urban Suburban - Spring', the trees in the central region are clearly not Speedtree and it shows how awful the oversized trees when compared with the surrounding corrected size Speedtrees. We are in 2019 and still see those oversize tree models from FSX era in P3D.

Yes, that appears to be an ORBX specialized landclass "patch" embedded in the middle of the screen capture but I'd have to check for sure. I can't tell for sure without trying to trace my steps on that test flight.

11 hours ago, greggerm said:

it was a pretty deeply buried limitation of the rendering engine

I'd be surprised if that is true. I suspect that it's a math error in one of the shaders because the frequency of the problem is related to a combination of terrain roughness and sun angle. There seems to be some kind of singular point where the shader equations produce a step function based on the user's viewing angle.

I have just made another flight with V4.5 and performance and visuals are absolutely wonderful! 2019-4-12-15-57-31-4.jpg

2019-4-12-16-9-8-952.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yes, that appears to be an ORBX specialized landclass "patch" embedded in the middle of the screen capture but I'd have to check for sure. I can't tell for sure without trying to trace my steps on that test flight.

I think that those "large" trees are Speedtrees. Like the default tree versions, each tree type comes in a variety of heights (small, regular, big). That's one nice feature of TT Terraflora, there is a lot more variety in the tree height. Unfortunately, Terraflora uses billboard trees.

@Branimir Very nice! Reminds me of the R&D Tomato Shade Preset I’m using currently in P3D v4.4. May I ask whether any 3rd Party shader tweaks are involved? If not, then I’m tempted to wonder whether LM have spent time doing their own shader adjustments to improve the overall appearance of the sim.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

@Branimir Very nice! Reminds me of the R&D Tomato Shade Preset I’m using currently in P3D v4.4. May I ask whether any 3rd Party shader tweaks are involved? If not, then I’m tempted to wonder whether LM have spent time doing their own shader adjustments to improve the overall appearance of the sim.

Regards,

Mike

I am using Matt Davies preset in the PTA.

I don't know if LM fixed this but is saw some improvement in autogen loading.

Edited by Branimir

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Regards,

Mike

Something changed visually going from 4.4 to 4.5.

Whatever it is, I like it!

• Upvote 2

Bert

I'm happy with my update to 4.5.  Nothing major has changed, and performance seems to be about the same, so if you don't feel like updating, *I* don't think you're really missing out.  Some of the things that I've noticed so far are:

The PBR texturing on my PMDG 747 used to seem really shiny, like United had just waxed the plane.  Dimming the PBR textures makes it look more realistic.

The engines don't sound like I just punched the firewall every time I switch to the external view.

Loading time does seem improved, but I don't have any TrueEarth, Gold Coast, or City Scene Orlando which seem to be the heavy hitters in that category.

I've only flown at dusk, so I haven't experienced full night lighting, but the highway lights have been visible and I like them.

Bloody hell in getting all itchy to update to 4.5 Now the fslabs has been updated and I promised myself I wouldnt 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

27 minutes ago, tooting said:

Bloody hell in getting all itchy to update to 4.5 Now the fslabs has been updated and I promised myself I wouldnt 

The updated FsLabs works with 4.4 and 4.5

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I find it puzzling how much negativity there is to a point release whether on here or FB or other forums.  Whether that very long list of fixes, and improvements affects you personally, I think its absolutely fantastic that LM continues at this pace (about every 6months ) to release an update. It keeps getting better.   How many did we get with FSX?  

These reports that things are worse than before just dont make sense. Clearly LM with many high level professional customers is not going to deliberately release something thats worse. Pretty sure that if you install a vanilla 4.4 vs 4.5 the improvements are there. When we have all the addons, something is bound to get a little wonky, but it will get sorted out as it usually does.  

Your going to see releases from devs that say requires 4.5 and thats simply for features behind the scenes deep into the core of the sim that we cant see but get utilized by devs.  So I for one am thrilled for this update, and had no problems with client and content update. (FSL uninstalled previous to doing update) Everything seems to be working great. Performance the same but so what knowing that a whole lot underneath was even further optimized whether you see it visually or not, it just makes the foundation stronger for the future. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

I find it puzzling how much negativity there is to a point release whether on here or FB or other forums.

I’m sure there’s always the temptation to resist the implementation of anything that’s new if it means investing yet more time and effort while risking the destruction of something which hitherto has been serving you perfectly well. So, we reconcile that dilemma by finding fault and manufacturing reasons to avoid having to make the change. In the end we usually fail.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighTowers said:

I find it puzzling how much negativity there is to a point release whether on here or FB or other forums.  Whether that very long list of fixes, and improvements affects you personally, I think its absolutely fantastic that LM continues at this pace (about every 6months ) to release an update. It keeps getting better.   How many did we get with FSX?  

These reports that things are worse than before just dont make sense. Clearly LM with many high level professional customers is not going to deliberately release something thats worse. Pretty sure that if you install a vanilla 4.4 vs 4.5 the improvements are there. When we have all the addons, something is bound to get a little wonky, but it will get sorted out as it usually does.  

Your going to see releases from devs that say requires 4.5 and thats simply for features behind the scenes deep into the core of the sim that we cant see but get utilized by devs.  So I for one am thrilled for this update, and had no problems with client and content update. (FSL uninstalled previous to doing update) Everything seems to be working great. Performance the same but so what knowing that a whole lot underneath was even further optimized whether you see it visually or not, it just makes the foundation stronger for the future. 

You've got to remember people are much more likely to post only if they're having issues.

There's thousands of people out there having no issues who probably aren't going to comment on this thread.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Simbol, I am floored by that flight simulator and your graphics are over the top good! Beautiful setup for sure. May I ask what aircraft you were piloting and what city you were flying in? Really enjoyed watching your video, now you have my undivided attention in wanting to learn more from experts such as yourself! Just downloaded P3Dv4.5 2 days ago and am in the process of re-installing payware. Thanks again for the nicely done video.