Sign in to follow this  
Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Just to give an understanding how things have moved on with P3D 4.5:

As I never fly by night, could you describe how is it improve ? The video thumbnail tricked me and make me believe they were a before / after comparison 😉

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Just to give an understanding how things have moved on with P3D 4.5:

All the best,
Simbol

Beautiful.

What night lighting add on are you using?

I can never get rid of the far distant lights shimmering (using 4xSSAA) with ORBX night lighting.

Edited by Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

I can never get rid of the far distant lights shimmering

Distant light shimmer is a real thing 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 7:34 PM, kurtb said:

are you serious, you the first to complain

Hardly... https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/552852-p3d-v45-fps-down/

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

22 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Is there a way to reduce the effect like in the video? I think it is over exaggerated in my setup 

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Any new update for P3D gives me everytime problems.. at start up even I follow the steps, it starts, I can hear the engines but there is no P3D on my screen... 

Plus that several addons need to be re-downloaded every time. Can this be done somehow more easier and automatically?... 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, Vali said:

Any new update for P3D gives me everytime problems.. at start up even I follow the steps, it starts, I can hear the engines but there is no P3D on my screen... 

Could be your system rebuilding the shader. It can take ages depending on your setup.

5 minutes ago, Vali said:

Plus that several addons need to be re-downloaded every time. Can this be done somehow more easier and automatically?... 

Addon.xml / external installation may reduce the number of addons which need to get reinstalled. It has to be done by yourself for older tools, it's done by developer for their own product slowly according to new Lockheed Martin rules and I heared that some products couldn't accommodate the external installation way-of-life.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

18 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Could be your system rebuilding the shader. It can take ages depending on your setup.

I did it after clearing everything with PTA, Tomatoshade, re-installed the Spotlights, FSLabs.. and so on.

Now it works.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Shomron said:

It says "Night Environment" in the video description.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, cyclone1 said:

Simbol, I am floored by that flight simulator and your graphics are over the top good! Beautiful setup for sure. May I ask what aircraft you were piloting and what city you were flying in? Really enjoyed watching your video, now you have my undivided attention in wanting to learn more from experts such as yourself! Just downloaded P3Dv4.5 2 days ago and am in the process of re-installing payware. Thanks again for the nicely done video.

Thanks for your message but that is not me, this is an user who posted the video on YouTube and I wanted to share it with everyone.

You can ask the original author anything you want via his YouTube channel.

Regards 

Simbol 

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

Correct and I am now working to implement this for Landing Lights 😉.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 2

What I do to upgrade is:

Control Panel, uninstall program,
choose the main P3D component and uninstall.
When finished I see that the other components, scenery content and client, have also been removed.

Transferring in the actual user name and also the drive and path that P3D is installed into, I rename the folders as such:

"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 44"
"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 44"
(= "C:\Users\All Users\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 44")

"C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons 44"
"C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files 44"

"C:\Users\username\Pictures\Prepar3D v4 Files 44" * optional

"C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 44"
"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 44"

Registry data is not an issue.

I unzip the new package and choose to run setup.
When finished I enable the license and start P3D.

This way I get a completely clean fresh P3D install, and I can pick from the old install anything I want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

5 hours ago, vbazillio said:

As I never fly by night, could you describe how is it improve ? The video thumbnail tricked me and make me believe they were a before / after comparison 😉

It looks more vibrant, more intense and also works better with the alpha blending when you use photoreal scenary.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shomron said:

Beautiful.

I can never get rid of the far distant lights shimmering (using 4xSSAA) with ORBX night lighting.

Not me, an user posted this on YouTube, I only shared it.

He is using night environment.

Regards 

Simbol 

32 minutes ago, simbol said:

Not me, an user posted this on YouTube, I only shared it.

He is using night environment.

Regards 

Simbol 

The user appears to be Nico Lummerman.  Yeah, that guy who was behind ADX, POSCON and Matt Davies before it all went slightly wrong.  Still.  Cool sim and video.

Edited by ErichB