Ekim

P3d 4.5 is out!

Donkey and a cart, thank god i’ve Posted every day in their forums for this. God is good installing now.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 minute ago, Shylock_35 said:

Donkey and a cart, thank god i’ve Posted every day in their forums for this. God is good installing now.

LOL!

11 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Isn't it usually around this point they start to move on to the next major branch, 5.0 in this case or have we seen iterations beyond x.5 in the past?

Never was a 3.5 but there was a 2.5. Never beyond .5 that I recall.

yeah what are the usual suspects that need updating:

ASP4

FSUIPC

PTA

And nobody has seen the signs:

Sz7yEPe.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Does this mean that the PMDG aircraft won't work until updated by developer?

thanks

Usually PMDG aircraft don't need updates, so their aircraft should work!

• Upvote 1

And folks, while you're heading over to https://www.prepar3d.com to download v4.5, be aware of this phishing site, and double-check the url before entering login/password info:

Edit:  L-M says this was a bad redirect and has been fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jetset408 said:

Can anyone remind me if there are any addons that dont like Content updates? I think one has to re-run FTX Central for ORBX stuff, but apart from that...?

It's the Scenery update that forces you to re install FTX Global. The Content update is save to do without any re-installs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ekim said:

Usually PMDG aircraft don't need updates, so their aircraft should work!

Thank you Ekim.

28 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Active Sky always needs a compatibility patch. They are usually pretty fast bringing that out, however.

It is already out.

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

It's the Scenery update that forces you to re install FTX Global. The Content update is save to do without any re-installs.

Well Content sometimes affected the GSX UI so GSX might need to run Live Update just to be safe.  

7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

IIRC, if running ORBX sceneries, you need to run FTXCentral once after a content update so that the configs are all properly augmented/updated.

Regards

• Upvote 4

What about this line in the Scenery update: 

• Added more building scenery objects.

If using ORBX FTX Global, will we see an improvement if we install the Scenery update?

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It is already out.

Awesome, thanks 🙂

PMDG has confirmed their planes work in 4.5, tested the latest release candidate!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

woohoo now fslabs can release their update

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

I see one from 6th April no mention of 4.5? 

https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/#ASP4

Yeah, also a bit confused. Nowhere do they mention 4.5 at all. However, they do say "P3D compatibility update". So it might be a way of making it 4.5 compatible a few days in advance, without mentioning that 4.5 is releasing and breaking the NDA.

1 minute ago, BBoyJD10 said:

That open beta supports 4.5 just confirmed myself.

Just now, Sethos1988 said:

Yeah, also a bit confused. Nowhere do they mention 4.5 at all. However, they do say "P3D compatibility update". So it might be a way of making it 4.5 compatible a few days in advance, without mentioning that 4.5 is releasing and breaking the NDA.

OK great guys thanks.

Hifisimulations need to make a new update of ASP4, it is not compatible. I checked it for some minutes ago.

Just now, casv said:

Hifisimulations need to make a new update of ASP4, it is not compatible. I checked it for some minutes ago.

Install the open beta 🙂

• Upvote 1

Ok, removed tomatoshade, removed  tomato reflections, restored ai_player.dll, 5 more mins and will reinstall client and content

1 minute ago, Johnny19 said:

Ok, removed tomatoshade, removed  tomato reflections, restored ai_player.dll, 5 more mins and will reinstall client and content

When you install the new client it will set shaders back to default reflections might be a different thing ofc.