Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Best Yoke For Prepar3D?

Hello! 

I'm in need of a new yoke has my current Saitek X52 is getting old. Also, I need something smaller, all in one if possible (throttle) as I don't have much room. I mostly fly airlines (PMDG, Aerosoft Bus). Would love to get your thoughts. Thanks!

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

I’m also in the market for a new yoke. In my case without a combined throttle.

Would also be interested in recommendations on a throttle quadrant.

Thanks @FreeBird(Josh)

Looks like fantastic gear all right.

Would definitely have to raid the piggy back for this one but looks like it will last a lifetime.

https://flyhoneycomb.com/

Highly anticipated, looking great and very modestly priced.  2 problems: been buzzing for a long time but still no release, and brand new products so who knows if they are good or not.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

8 minutes ago, windycloud said:

https://flyhoneycomb.com/

Highly anticipated, looking great and very modestly priced.  2 problems: been buzzing for a long time but still no release, and brand new products so who knows if they are good or not.

Vaporware, and significantly downgraded from original specifications.  Do not buy.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Vaporware, and significantly downgraded from original specifications.  Do not buy.  

What do you mean?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

2 minutes ago, Le Français said:

What do you mean?

I mean precisely what I said.  This product was announced years ago and STILL hasn't hit the market.  Not only that, the original solid-metal construction has been downgraded to plastic, in order to hit a certain price point.  That's a no-buy for me.

Have a VF Yoko and TQ6 for nearly 2 years now - solid stuff.

They’ve released updated models recently featuring hat switch and Hall effect sensors.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

5 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I mean precisely what I said.  This product was announced years ago and STILL hasn't hit the market.  Not only that, the original solid-metal construction has been downgraded to plastic, in order to hit a certain price point.  That's a no-buy for me.

I too have been following this since announced. The positive sign is that it was demoed at SNF this past week. Hands on reviews were very encouraging. It sounds like the summer production release date is likely. At the price point they are targeting I think they have a real winner. Looking forward to production reviews.

I get the disappointment with some of the design compromises to meet the price target...but I’m willing to cut them some slack if those compromises allow them to deliver the rich feature set with good performance at that price. 

Chris

1 hour ago, PaulFWatts said:

Thanks @FreeBird(Josh)

Looks like fantastic gear all right.

Would definitely have to raid the piggy back for this one but looks like it will last a lifetime.

After the pain of the price you will really enjoy the products. It will take your sim experience to the next level.These will last a lifetime and no more plastic. I had 3 Saitek yokes in 10yrs and they all went bad. I also have there TQ6+ another great product. You can buy from them direct and they also have a US number if you want to talk with them.   Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

There are some options available on top of my head:

1) the really expensive stuff. Brunner force feedback yoke. Rolls Royce of flightsim yokes. Apparantly Brunner also released a "cheaper" version aswell. Worth checking them out

2a) Virtual fly Yoko the Yoke. Like some other mentioned; they upgraded their design just recently. 

2b) PFC Yokes. Less travel in pitch axis than 2a, but you can choose from 737 yoke, Saab yoke (I own this one) and Beech style yoke. All metal design, comes with single axis throttle (I have assigned it to gear up/down)

3) Goflight 737 yoke. Do not know much about this one,but GF generally is good quality and this seems to be a solid product (but no hall sensors?)

• Upvote 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

5 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

I too have been following this since announced. The positive sign is that it was demoed at SNF this past week. Hands on reviews were very encouraging. It sounds like the summer production release date is likely. At the price point they are targeting I think they have a real winner. Looking forward to production reviews.

I get the disappointment with some of the design compromises to meet the price target...but I’m willing to cut them some slack if those compromises allow them to deliver the rich feature set with good performance at that price. 

I followed them for awhile but in the end I think your just going to get another plastic yoke that is slightly better than what is out there now. I can understand the price point but your not going to get a Cadillac for $200. For some people its fine but for me I wanted something more. Honeycomb should do okay especially if works better than the other cheep yokes out there and I wish them success. I can see the need but for a serious Simmer it wont cut it.   Josh

• Like 2

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Fulcrum Simulator Controls based in Chorley, Lancs, England are getting close to finalising their metal yoke with Hall-effect sensors. Cost around 450GBP which is well down on the Yoko and a significant upgrade on Saitek.

http://www.fulcrumsim.com/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you have the cash and fly the PMDG’s then check out agronn yokes. Best thing I ever bought. 

• Upvote 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX