Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

P3d 4.5 loading issues

Well, this is interesting. I have downloaded and installed P3D v4.5 content and client and, when having started the program, I get the initial "front page" from LM with Prepar3D displayed on it then everything retreats into the background showing as 30% CPU!

Cannot figure that I have done anything wrong.

Edited by LecLightning56

1 minute ago, LecLightning56 said:

Well, this is interesting. I have downloaded and installed P3D v4.5 content and client and, once started the program I get the initial "front page" from LM with Prepar3D displayed on it then everything retreats into the background showing as 30% CPU!

Cannot figure that I have done anything wrong.

Delete your shaders.. 

Also check if the LM screen is out of bounds - aka - outside of the main window.

Regards.

S.

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

Delete your shaders.. 

Also check if the LM screen is out of bounds - aka - outside of the main window.

Regards.

S.

Have deleted shaders and checked if out of bounds using a second monitor and still no scenario startup screen.

3 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Have deleted shaders and checked if out of bounds using a second monitor and still no scenario startup screen.

Ok, make a backup of your P3D.cfg file and delete it.

Let P3D to recreate it.. when you launch it again.

s.

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, make a backup of your P3D.cfg file and delete it.

Let P3D to recreate it.. when you launch it again.

s.

Bizarre indeed. Deleted prepar3d.cfg file, restarted and same problem.

20 minutes ago, simbol said:

Weird, reboot the PC?

S.

This is driving me nuts now. I have deactivated and reactivated the P3D licence and still the same thing. Rebooting has not worked.

1 minute ago, LecLightning56 said:

This is driving me nuts now. I have deactivated and reactivated the P3D licence and still the same thing. Rebooting has not worked.

Try deleting the scenery.cfg. Seen that mentioned a few times when P3D wouldn't start properly.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Honestly, I would start a new thread...

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

6 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Yes try the scenary.cfg, make a backup first as if this is not the cause then you can restore it.

if this fails, then remove all the add-on.xml from your P3D document folder (make a backup first) and try again.

It could be that one add-on is causing this.

Regards,
Simbol

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes try the scenary.cfg, make a backup first as if this is not the cause then you can restore it.

if this fails, then remove all the add-on.xml from your P3D document folder (make a backup first) and try again.

It could be that one add-on is causing this.

Regards,
Simbol

As per the changelog, Lockheed fixed the issue where autodiscovery addons were being placed into the wrong add-ons.cfg (ProgramData) - and forgotten there, even when deleted/uninstalled. Could be that this is biting us now, depends on how they fixed it, and how the already misplaced addons are supposed to travel to the correct add-ons.cfg (AppData\Roaming). Not sure yet. We may have to manually remove all autodiscovery addons from the \ProgramData\…\add-ons.cfg and let P3D sort it out on the next startup (= all addons where the add-on.xml is in \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\).

Personally, I would never recommend to delete the scenery.cfg - that makes the user lose all his custom sceneries in there, since P3D can't rebuild those custom entries. If there is a problem, it is not the file itself but a scenery in it - and there are other ways to troubleshoot that.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

13 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

As per the changelog, Lockheed fixed the issue where autodiscovery addons were being placed into the wrong add-ons.cfg (ProgramData) - and forgotten there, even when deleted/uninstalled. Could be that this is biting us now, depends on how they fixed it, and how the already misplaced addons are supposed to travel to the correct add-ons.cfg (AppData\Roaming). Not sure yet. We may have to manually remove all autodiscovery addons from the \ProgramData\…\add-ons.cfg and let P3D sort it out on the next startup (= all addons where the add-on.xml is in \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\).

Personally, I would never recommend to delete the scenery.cfg - that makes the user lose all his custom sceneries in there, since P3D can't rebuild those custom entries. If there is a problem, it is not the file itself but a scenery in it - and there are other ways to troubleshoot that.

Best regards

Yea this could be..

S

Same issue with launching. It shows the initial P3D screen and then disappears. It is shown as running in task manager but no main screen. I have tried running as admin, renaming all the add-on.cfg files along with the prepar3d.cfg but no joy. I have also tried renaming the exe.xml and dll.xml files. Running out of ideas..

I'm finally in. It would load forever until I deleted the scenery.cfg. Then It would load the initial flight without displaying the startup screen to where you could hear the default scenario but not see anything. Then I uninstalled FSL A319, A320 and Spotlights and it's working now. I remember talk of the same thing happening with the FSL A320 installed on the last update. I have a feeling the problem isn't with the A320 being installed, but that it's the popup message FSL put in there disabling their aircraft with an incompatible version of P3D that screws it up. I don't know why they do that. It will either work or it won't. The controls they put into their software are over-intrusive in my opinion. I get the same annoying popup on the P3D loading screen from them saying that they don't recommend 4xSSAA. Newsflash: Some people have hardware that can run 4XSSAA just fine.

Rant over.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

So far nothing I have tried brings back the Scenario creation screen. I went as far as completely removing the prepar3d folders from AppData/Local AppData/Roaming and ProgramData into a backup directory. Launching re-creates them, but still no Scenario creation screen.

Infuriating! The fact many others are experiencing this also points to a fundamental issue with P3D 4.5.