Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

P3d 4.5 loading issues

Just now, BusheFlyer said:

So far nothing I have tried brings back the Scenario creation screen. I went as far as completely removing the prepar3d folders from AppData/Local AppData/Roaming and ProgramData into a backup directory. Launching re-creates them, but still no Scenario creation screen.

Infuriating! The fact many others are experiencing this also points to a fundamental issue with P3D 4.5.

Sentiments shared completely. Whereas one might expect to use some care as has already been advised in this thread (including uninstalling FSLabs products), the overall flavour is that of something a little amateurish for what one might have hoped to be a more polished and professional product.  

10 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Sentiments shared completely. Whereas one might expect to use some care as has already been advised in this thread (including uninstalling FSLabs products), the overall flavour is that of something a little amateurish for what one might have hoped to be a more polished and professional product.  

Right,

you disabled all add-ons temporally to check if this get solved?

S.

Guys,

Can you confirm that removing FSLabs spotlights and the airplanes is not fixing this? a guys is reporting this was the fix he implemented to get P3D 4.5 working:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133133&p=195954#p195954

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, simbol said:

Right,

you disabled all add-ons temporally to check if this get solved?

S.

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

Guys,

Can you confirm that removing FSLabs spotlights and the airplanes is not fixing this? a guys is reporting this was the fix he implemented to get P3D 4.5 working:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133133&p=195954#p195954

Regards,
Simbol

Simbol,

I have disabled ALL addons and removed ALL FSLabs products and still not fixed.

Perhaps too early to give up on this one, but very tempted to bite the bullet and do a complete reinstall. 

Edited by LecLightning56

10 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Simbol,

Perhaps too early to give up on this one, but very tempted to bite the bullet and do a complete reinstall. 

Hmm 

Do you hear any sound in the background?

Just now, simbol said:

Hmm 

Do you hear any sound in the background?

None at all, and certainly nothing I would dare to admit to a psychiatrist!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Simbol,

Im in the same position. Basically am now running with a clean installation of 4.5.. no addons installed what-so-ever, still no Scenario screen, still have to kill of the process using task manager. A complete reinstall has therefore made no difference.

Seems something fundamental is wrong. I am going to try and remove 4.5 entirely.. and delete any remnant of it under ProgramData etc. Re-download the full installer and hope for the best.

6 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Im in the same position. Basically am now running with a clean installation of 4.5.. no addons installed what-so-ever, still no Scenario screen, still have to kill of the process using task manager. A complete reinstall has therefore made no difference.

Seems something fundamental is wrong. I am going to try and remove 4.5 entirely.. and delete any remnant of it under ProgramData etc. Re-download the full installer and hope for the best.

I think expletive words apply here my friend! Hopefully if it is LM related, they will issue a fix shortly.

Edited by LecLightning56

Right I was driving..

When you see P3D in the task bar, can you use the right click switch to and bring to front? To see if this shows the P3D start up?

simbol 

21 minutes ago, simbol said:

Right I was driving..

When you see P3D in the task bar, can you use the right click switch to and bring to front? To see if this shows the P3D start up?

simbol 

Sadly no, it doesn't show up on the task bar after the initial loading screen. It runs as a background process in task manager, and therefore there is no UI to switch too. 

I have just trashed everything and performed a clean reinstallation and the problem still occurs. It is beginning to look as if the problem is at LM's end. 

Cannot show the P3D start up by the method described.

I note that there is a thread current on the subject in the prepar3d.com forum, so hopefully LM are aware of the issue.

Edited by LecLightning56

I made LM aware they can't replicate it, we need to keep diagnosis.

So far most people with Spotlight have this problem, except you of course.

Do you guys use Reshade? 

Regards

Simbol 

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I made LM aware they can't replicate it, we need to keep diagnosis.

So far most people with Spotlight have this problem, except you of course.

Do you guys use Reshade? 

Regards

Simbol 

Thank you Simbol for looking into this. I don't use reshade or any external applications for shaders and so on. I am using Nvidia drivers 419.67 (the latest release (not beta etc)).

My current setup is therefore very simplistic really. I only had a few addons installed. But even after removing them the problem was still happening. I am now doing a completely refresh installation. I completely uninstalled P3D. Manually deleting all the lockhead folders in AppData and ProgramData. I downloaded the full installer for P3D 4.5 fresh, and am now in the process of installing again. This will be entirely vanilla.

Don't use reshade. Not sure if LM would be in a refund frame of mind if I cannot get it working!

Just to recap, I have done a clean reinstall and there are no other influences on the sim from other applications 

Edited by LecLightning56

Right,

Just trying to find out what it is, what version of Windows you 2 have? 

If this doesn't work we can do a teamviewer to attempt to fix the problem.

Regards 

Simbol