Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

P3d 4.5 loading issues

4 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Sure, I tried this.. no change sadly.

Also on this PC I simply use Windows Defender. 

We are discussing with Lockheed Martin.

S.

11 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

I use Kaspersky Internet Security. I have tried the registry fix and also turning off the anti-virus with the same result, i.e. no startup screen.

10 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Sure, I tried this.. no change sadly.

Also on this PC I simply use Windows Defender. 

Right,

The problem seems to be related to some library objects, can you guys ensure no 3rd party add-on's are at play here? we need to do the following to be 100% sure.

1. Rename the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder from your documents, to Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.old
  2. Make a backup of the scenary.cfg file and delete it.
  3.  Launch P3D.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Right,

The problem seems to be related to some library objects, can you guys ensure no 3rd party add-on's are at play here? we need to do the following to be 100% sure.

1. Rename the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder from your documents, to Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.old
  3.  Launch P3D.

Regards,
Simbol

Still the same sad story at my end!

32 minutes ago, simbol said:

Right,

3.  Launch P3D.

Regards,
Simbol

Tried these steps and no joy.

The loading screen opens.. it shows the usual progress bar at creating scenery then when the Scenario screen should show it disappears to a background process (no UI) and thats that.. only option is to kill the process.

7 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Tried these steps and no joy.

The loading screen opens.. it shows the usual progress bar at creating scenery then when the Scenario screen should show it disappears to a background process (no UI) and thats that.. only option is to kill the process.

The theory is this process is just taking long time due to some libraries.. after 25 minutes it will finish.

However on a vanilla install this should not be happening, so something is weird in both of your systems.

S.

Weird new problem...did a complete delete as suggested by Aerosoft but now getting a Code 9101 code when activating 4.5.

Note, completely uninstalled all related software like aircraft, airports, etc (support programs too).

28 minutes ago, simbol said:

The theory is this process is just taking long time due to some libraries.. after 25 minutes it will finish.

However on a vanilla install this should not be happening, so something is weird in both of your systems.

S.

I am currently sitting with the process running in the background 10.4% CPU / 594MB Ram / 10% GPU. It's been running now about 20 minutes, will let you know if it ever completes.

5 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

I am currently sitting with the process running in the background 10.4% CPU / 594MB Ram / 10% GPU. It's been running now about 20 minutes, will let you know if it ever completes.

Can you confirm your Nvidia drivers? post the version here please.

Regards,
Simbol

Just now, simbol said:

Right how you installed these drivers? via Nvidia GeForce Experience?

S.

Yes through experience. I think I updated to them just a few days ago. They were working just fine with P3D 4.4 prior to updating to 4.5.

7 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Yes through experience. I think I updated to them just a few days ago. They were working just fine with P3D 4.4 prior to updating to 4.5.

Seems Nvidia is not the cause..

We are still trying..

S.

Delete your default scenario, including previous flight.xml and let p3d generate a new one.