Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

P3d 4.5 loading issues

3 minutes ago, itsjase said:

Delete your default scenario, including previous flight.xml and let p3d generate a new one.

Sadly I already tried that originally.. following the vanilla install I removed all those files also. So the one it is using now is the one when P3D is clean installed.

I am however a little suspicious of the shaders..

The shaders folder now has just 11 compiled shaders (v4511_sm110). Are these failing to compile somehow during the start-up (prior to display of the Scenario creation screen).

4 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

Sadly I already tried that originally.. following the vanilla install I removed all those files also. So the one it is using now is the one when P3D is clean installed.

The shaders folder now has just 11 compiled shaders (v4511_sm110). Are these failing to compile somehow during the start-up (prior to display of the Scenario creation screen).

I saw same results in LecLightning56 PC.

I took a full report of diagnostics, I have submitted the data now for more investigation.

Can you do me a favour? run a DXdiag report, save the data and email it to me please at support@fsreborn.com 

S.

Edited by simbol

33 minutes ago, simbol said:

I saw same results in LecLightning56 PC.

I took a full report of diagnostics, I have submitted the data now for more investigation.

Can you do me a favour? run a DXdiag report, save the data and email it to me please at support@fsreborn.com 

S.

Certainly, and your doing me the favour! It's on it's way to you.

48 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

I think a lot of them compile after loading in, which is why you have a black screen or missing terrain etc until they compile.

3 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

I use Kaspersky Internet Security. I have tried the registry fix and also turning off the anti-virus with the same result, i.e. no startup screen.

I haven't tried to install the P3D update yet (I will probably do that tomorrow), but I have Kaspersky Internet Security also and I always turn it off when I install new stuff (then turn it back on after). I have problems before with Kaspersky blocking new installs without me knowing it.

I am having the same issues. No scenario screen just runs in the background. Haven't tried any NVIDIA drivers besides the newest update. I did a system restore and went back to 4.4 until this gets resolved.

UPS123.png

10 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

I am inclined to agree that a clean reinstall is probably the preferred option, but in this case there appears to be something rather more fundamental at stake.

If you are a commercial operator, military, or flight school for example and you've got a base installation of P3Dv4 with NO addons whether that be scenery, payware aircraft and others such as chaseplane, gsx, etc etc I'm sure this client and content stuff would work but most of us have a ton of addon stuff. 

I'm not surprised people have problems every time an update comes and and they just install the patch and then expect 10 addons to all play nicely. 

No one In West Point has 10 addons installed and that is what p3Dv4 is marketed and developed for not a bunch of simmers In our bedrooms with chaseplane and the pmdg 737. 

We have this new boy In my office who's a graduate he  loves to cut corners when working instead of beinh old boring and theodical like myself,  we are constantly catching him out on being lazy and slapdash and making errors

Bit like a dirty patch and not a reinstall from scratch 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

57 minutes ago, tooting said:

If you are a commercial operator, military, or flight school for example and you've got a base installation of P3Dv4 with NO addons whether that be scenery, payware aircraft and others such as chaseplane, gsx, etc etc I'm sure this client and content stuff would work but most of us have a ton of addon stuff. 

I'm not surprised people have problems every time an update comes and and they just install the patch and then expect 10 addons to all play nicely. 

No one In West Point has 10 addons installed and that is what p3Dv4 is marketed and developed for not a bunch of simmers In our bedrooms with chaseplane and the pmdg 737. 

We have this new boy In my office who's a graduate he  loves to cut corners when working instead of beinh old boring and theodical like myself,  we are constantly catching him out on being lazy and slapdash and making errors

Bit like a dirty patch and not a reinstall from scratch 

With respect, Sir, but I have attempted a vanilla install of P3D v4.5 (all addons removed) with the same result, i.e. no startup screen. That is why I am speculating that there is something fundamental at stake here, but I shall not go into the ethics of who or what uses P3D v4 other than perhaps to say that a wider community may well unravel things to improve the overall quality and performance of the software. 

Also, a huge vote of thanks to Simbol for his tireless efforts last night in a TeamViewer session almost into the wee hours to diagnose my problem, but unfortunately to no avail! I am amazed by the generosity and strength of community that we have and I hope that we can keep it that way.

Edited by LecLightning56
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@LecLightning56

Good morning, I noticed in your DXdiag report that you have a tool called GPUTweakII.exe which is also crashing, what does this tool does? maybe this is causing problems?

Regards,
Simbol

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

@LecLightning56

Good morning, I noticed in your DXdiag report that you have a tool called GPUTweakII.exe which is also crashing, what does this tool does? maybe this is causing problems?

Regards,
Simbol

Good morning, Simbol. I thought this sounded promising. GPU Tweak II is the ASUS overclocking tool for graphics cards. My GPU is not overclocked, but unfortunately uninstalling this tool has not changed anything.

Interesting, however, that the tool also crashed at the same time.

6 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Good morning, Simbol. I thought this sounded promising. GPU Tweak II is the ASUS overclocking tool for graphics cards. My GPU is not overclocked, but unfortunately uninstalling this tool has not changed anything.

Interesting, however, that the tool also crashed at the same time.

We just need to find the cause.. bear with me..

Can you try disabling all the Nvidia sound devices?, be sure your sound car is selected as default, etc. http://www.isolation.se/how-to-disable-nvidia-display-port-high-definition-audio/

don't run any power shell scripts, just disable it via device manager for this test.

And launch P3D.

S.

Edited by simbol

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

We just need to find the cause.. bear with me..

Can you try disabling all the Nvidia sound devices?, be sure your sound car is selected as default, etc. http://www.isolation.se/how-to-disable-nvidia-display-port-high-definition-audio/

don't run any power shell scripts, just disable it via device manager for this test.

And launch P3D.

S.

Disabled all Nvidia sound devices through device manager and still no joy.

1 minute ago, LecLightning56 said:

ok, another down.. Let's wait until LM developers wake up to see if they give me some ideas.

S.

2 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Another idea, I noticed you had P3D V2 and V3 installed.

Are you still using these? if not maybe this could be causing issues?

S.

Just now, simbol said:

Another idea, I noticed you had P3D V2 and V3 installed.

Are you still using these? if not maybe this could be causing issues?

S.

I have only been using P3D v1 and P3D v2 for test purposes, but I do still use P3D v3.

I could uninstall P3D v1 and P3D v2 (since testing finished) and then see how things are.