Sign in to follow this  
Hegedus Marton

Active Sky XP HELP

Dear Pilots,

I just bought the Active Sky XP and I have a problem with it. I flew from Bergamo to Debrecen yesterday and I realized this is actually not real weather. What is my problem? I live in Debrecen and the weather was very cloudy here yesterday in the afternoon. But in the X-Plane the weather was "Clear" during my arrival. I went to the window and I saw a big, much layered cloud in the sky. So the weather was cloudy. I couldn't see the Sun, just clouds everywhere. What should I do to fix this? Any suggestions? 

My settings are fitted to Real Weather mode, and I use Realism mode. I don't know what is the problem. I always see in the ASXP METAR: Clouds: None reported. Is that can be a problem? No real weather information given from server? Please help me.

Thank you for reading!

Regards, 

Is ASXP WxControl set to Live Weather?

Also make sure your X-plane weather is set to match real weather condition. 

23 hours ago, michelh said:

ASXP set to real weather and X-Plane is also.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, Longranger said:

Do you use the RealityXP plugin, or did you use the Zibo mod?

I don't even know what is RealtyXP plugin and I don't use Zibo mod.

38 minutes ago, Hegedus Marton said:

ASXP set to real weather and X-Plane is also.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, michelh said:

hmmm, just in case

from the manual in ASXP folder:

X-Plane's weather mode needs to manually be changed to Custom METAR mode when using the ASXP default weather mode. This is done in the Flight configuration screen, weather options. Change the dropdown mode to "From custom METAR (.rwx) file", and choose the METAR.rwx file shown.

Edited by RedPxl

Greetings,

I have been following this thread and after sitting on the fence for a bit finally bought ASXP.  My initial impression are very positive and pretty happy running the default cloud textures.

Can someone please answer one question though?  I understand you have to set XPlane weather to custom METAR mode and then select the METAR.rex file shown but do you have to do this every time you load XPlane and ASXP or is the initial set up OK as long as you continue to use ASXP when you fly?

Thank you,

cbreeze

cbreeze, once you set X-Plane's weather menu to use the custom METAR, it will keep it as the default setting every time. Just remember to boot up ASXP as a separate program every time you fly.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor