Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

P3D v4.x updates and RXP updates

Anyone tried the GTN in P3D v4.5 yet, any issues?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I took the plunge and found no issues on my short test flight 

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Note: although the autopilot needs a specific GTN and GNS V2 update for each new Prepar3D 4.x update

Just purely out of curiosity, why is this so? Do they change variables or something?

David Porrett

1 hour ago, RXP said:

because in order to take control of the autopilot for any 3rd party aircraft, the GTN and GNS V2 need to take control of the autopilot system at the 'root' and this is feasible only in hacking the process because the SDK is too limiting.

There are quite a number of other hacks to build a product like the Reality XP GTN and GNS V2 and they are all self-adapting to future P3D4 updates in using a form of 'AI' internally. It was an R&D investment but this saves us a lot of support work in the long run and ensures our customers always have their products running on a new P3D4 update right away.

However, there is one such low-level hack which can't be automated as reliably as the others for now and this is the autopilot hack. It is quite fast (so far) to handle this one manually and release an update. Hopefully this time, P3D4.5 was released about the same day we were wrapping up the Reality XP GTN and GNS V2 updates and there was no delay for having both the RXP update and the RXP new features and enhancements at the same time!

Thanks J-L, fascinating stuff beyond my programming knowledge but thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

David Porrett

Tested both GNS and GTN and both work a treat.. Thanks!

:cool:

• Like 1

Bert

I upgraded to P3D v4.5 two days ago and I had a problem with the RXP GNS 430 not following its flight path with Autopilot engaged. Yes I know well how to use it. I tried restarting and still had issues where it completely ignored the AP flight plan. I then upgraded from RXP GNS 2.4.10 (March 2019) version to 2.4.11 (April 2019) version and it was back to functioning normally. FYI, this was in A2A C182 Skylane.  I had not tried the GNS 530 as it is not in this aircraft, but I assume it would have had issues too. I love the RXP products.

Edited by ArJunaBug
  • Like 1

Same here with P3D v4.5 hotfix (12) and GTN750 v2.5.16 : Autopilot didn't work anymore.

I must install the previous v4.5 (11).

Edited by Livingston

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

1 hour ago, Livingston said:

Same here with P3D v4.5 hotfix (12) and GTN750 v2.5.16 : Autopilot didn't work anymore.

I must install the previous v4.5 (11).

A fix is on the way.. be patient.. :wink:

• Like 1

Bert

Installed the Prepar3DV4.5 hotfix and my Bonanza (also installed in the Maule, also not working) autopilot doesnt follow the 750 Direct To or a flightplan anymore.

Latest RXP 2.5.16

I will be patient then (Bert Pieke). (I am always thinking it is my doing something wrong- so there is a chance that when installed a fix, its not working because of my previous attempts to fix the problem on my own).

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

When installing the GTN 2.5.17 update for P3Dv4.5 hotfix, does one need to uninstall the GTN first, or can the update be installed on top of 2.5.16?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

AH, the RXP update is there! Installed it and autopilot now works again!

• Like 2

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)