Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA v2.65 now available

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I recently just made v2.65 of PTA available which brings Prepar3D v4.5 compatibility & also fixes the coastline block textures that some users were reporting.

You can find the download via your order page on the SimTweaks website. 

I will have some pretty major news regarding PTA & it's future in the coming weeks. P3D v4.5 brings a wealth of new things for us to utilize, that mixed with hiring a developer from the games industry that understands shader technology, let's just say that the future is very bright for PTA 🙂

Thanks,

Matt.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're my hero. I was just about to take a little round in P3D and was so turned off by the default shaders, that I decided against it and wait for your update instead.

And here it is. Perfect timing.

Edited by Farlis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow thanks Matt.  Will update P3D now...and I was just about to go to bed lol

Chris


800driver.jpg

 

Chris Ibbotson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Wow thanks Matt.  Will update P3D now...and I was just about to go to bed lol

Chris

This hobby makes you do things like that, you dirty flight sim addict!

Get some sleep! 😂

  • Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

This hobby makes you do things like that, you dirty flight sim addict!

Get some sleep! 😂

Lol, Ive just updated the Client and Content.  Ran Prepar3D to generate files etc.  Closed the sim then ran PTA.  A backup was made but when I open the RD preset, of even your own included one I get the following error when applying it.

   Applying [Urban areas lighting at night] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Urban areas lighting at night]  Problem with patch #0 - Patched block not found.

Chris


800driver.jpg

 

Chris Ibbotson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Lol, Ive just updated the Client and Content.  Ran Prepar3D to generate files etc.  Closed the sim then ran PTA.  A backup was made but when I open the RD preset, of even your own included one I get the following error when applying it.

   Applying [Urban areas lighting at night] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Urban areas lighting at night]  Problem with patch #0 - Patched block not found.

Chris

I am actually going to scream. I will have to check this out tomorrow now as I've turned off my PC for the night. I triple checked every single tweak too!

I'll report back with my findings. 

  • Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting the update out so quickly! I also get the urban areas lighting error, but that's a minor thing. I'm going to test the night lighting improvements listed in the release notes first.

Cheers,

Tym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, does v2.65 fix the water surface teak that was giving error messages in v4.4?.

Cheers, Ed


Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Hi all,

I recently just made v2.65 of PTA available which brings Prepar3D v4.5 compatibility & also fixes the coastline block textures that some users were reporting.

You can find the download via your order page on the SimTweaks website. 

I will have some pretty major news regarding PTA & it's future in the coming weeks. P3D v4.5 brings a wealth of new things for us to utilize, that mixed with hiring a developer from the games industry that understands shader technology, let's just say that the future is very bright for PTA 🙂

Thanks,

Matt.

AMAZING , Matt 🙂


Carsten U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

   Applying [Urban areas lighting at night] to D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Urban areas lighting at night]  Problem with patch #0 - Patched block not found.

Chris

So I am not the only one.

 

Matt you need better Beta testers. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hi, does v2.65 fix the water surface teak that was giving error messages in v4.4?.

Cheers, Ed

Yes, it should do. I personally couldn't reproduce the error but a friend of mine could so I sent it to them to test and they concluded it's fixed. 

  • Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So I am not the only one.

 

Matt you need better Beta testers. 😉

I do, you're absolutely right. Working on it. 


Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    27%
    $6,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...