Sign in to follow this  
Ian S

P3D 4.5 & Nvidia

Hello 

I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers the other day, and shortly after started getting some error messages in P3D which appeared to be graphics related. I was going to roll-back, but with the release of 4.5, could anyone tell me if theyare getting good results with the most recent drivers (417.xx from memory?). I intend on doing a full re-install but want to have correct stable drivers in place first.

thanks

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

Current driver is 419.67.  I didnt install P3D 4.5 yet, just watching how it goes for other people first.

I have latest drivers (419.67) with 4.5. No. issues.

I also have 419.67 on P3D 4.4 and no errors.  Have you followed LM's diagnostics steps?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

419.67 here and I just installed 4.5 client and content so far. Everything looks fine sitting at the gate. I've been testing at dusk and night FlyTampa KBOS. FPS is about the same as before. Seems okay to me so far. ymmv

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I also have 419.67 and P3D 4.5 full installation and it works like before. Did you clear the shaders cache?

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Hello 

I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers the other day, and shortly after started getting some error messages in P3D which appeared to be graphics related. I was going to roll-back, but with the release of 4.5, could anyone tell me if theyare getting good results with the most recent drivers (417.xx from memory?). I intend on doing a full re-install but want to have correct stable drivers in place first.

thanks

Ian

I think I know what you mean and the very short version is the last Windows 10 update (circa 29MAR19) had a particular (object) fix which seemed to “break” some GP dll’s which did not play nice with P3D.

I fixed it by doing a sfc /scannow and it did quite a number of repairs and all good now.

Try that.

Do you guys notice better performance, overall, with this version ( P3D 4.5 ) ?

I'm on Nvidia too, GTX 960 4GB, and usually set no fancy graphic effects ( no shadows whatsoever in my installs ). Looking fwd for the FSLabs Airbus updates to get released and try it in 4.5 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

17 hours ago, mwa05 said:

I fixed it by doing a sfc /scannow and it did quite a number of repairs and all good now.

Thanks for all the responses, I'll stick with that driver. Could you just clarify what the above means?

Cheers

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Thanks for all the responses, I'll stick with that driver. Could you just clarify what the above means?

Cheers

Hi Ian,

Follow the sfc /scannow step in the AVSIM CTD guide, the link of which is above to your right on this screen.

It is native windows functionality on your computer that checks itself for corrupt or missing files in your Windows installation and repairs or replaces them.

It is very safe and cannot juicy fruit your computer.

Cheers,

Mark

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Hi Ian,

Follow the sfc /scannow step in the AVSIM CTD guide, the link of which is above to your right on this screen.

It is native windows functionality on your computer that checks itself for corrupt or missing files in your Windows installation and repairs or replaces them.

It is very safe and cannot juicy fruit your computer.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks mate, that's useful to know.

Ian S

38.jpg