Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

ASXP menu in full screen mode

Greetings,

I just purchased and installed ASXP in XPlane11.  I was checking it out and it worked great in XPlane11 windows mode.  I normally run XPlane in full screen mode and when I switched over, I could not figure out how to access the ASXP control panel.  Can someone please help me out?

Thank you,

cbreeze

The ideal would be to have two monitors, and push it to the 2nd monitor - that's how I used it...

Other than that you can always use Alt-TAB to navigate to other app interfaces ( including ASXP ) or hit the "window" key in your keyboard to access the toolbar and from there get into the ASXP control GUI.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Or you can use it over a network, if you have a spare laptop. That's what I am doing and it works excellently. The ASXP weather map as well as the FS-FlightControl moving map are both on display on the laptop.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

pub, 

Thanks for the response.  I am on a network and have a spare laptop.  How can I get information on how to do as you suggested?

I have a pilots license and use an app on my iPad to get real time Aviation weather.  The little I played with ASXP last night showed the weather on ASXP was spot on with what was showing on my aviation weather app.  I have been using my IPad for real time weather for a long time now.  I would like to take advantage of some features ASXP has while flying the sim.

Thank you,

cbreeze

14 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

pub, 

Thanks for the response.  I am on a network and have a spare laptop.  How can I get information on how to do as you suggested?

It's in the User's Guide under Networked Configuration, page 69. It's pretty straightforward (and even simpler than for AS P3D4 which I use networked, too). As far as I recall, you just have to define a network share on the X-Plane server and point ASXP on the client to it, and that's it. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11