Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Pause at Van Nuys R16R is gone in V4.5.

This could be major good news for users with Orbx scenery..

Certain locations in Orbx land had very noticeable loading pauses in V4.4.

One of those was at the piano keys on R16R at Van Nuys..

Guess what... just installed V4.5. Client and the pause is gone  :smile:

• Like 3

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This could be major good news for users with Orbx scenery..

Certain locations in Orbx land had very noticeable loading pauses in V4.4.

One of those was at the piano keys on R16R at Van Nuys..

Guess what... just installed V4.5. Client and the pause is gone  :smile:

Maybe they have solved the scenery lookup pauses?  That would be the best thing to happen since 64-bit.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Looks like the pause at SFO runway intersections for Flightbeam + Orbx NorCal users is gone as well. Maybe others can verify?

There are still plenty of scenery loading pauses so it seems like any improvements they made are very targeted. 

!!

This would be major, as my sim always pauses when getting close to airports, major and medium. I always though it was related to UTLive, and it needing to inject a ton of planes through SimConnect, but since I switched away from UTLive to AIG's bgl-based traffic, the pauses continued and in some sense worsened a little, suggesting that it has everything to do with P3D's scenery loading mechanics. While I was always okay with the one pause I'd typically have approaching airports, it becomes a lot more annoying when entering an area that has multiple airports. NYC and LA are the worst offenders for that, and especially LA< where there are at least 5 airports in close proximity (KLAX, KLGB, KSNA, KONT, KVNY) as well as a host of smaller strips.

If you are now telling me that 4.5 eliminates the pauses that typically existed in the LA metropolitan region, than LM have really made P3D much better! Can anybody please confirm pauses around LA? Note: I mean a full-fledged LA, using at least OrbX's SoCal, FSDT's KLAX, LatinVFR's KSNA, and lots of AI traffic. Shez's KLGB is a bonus...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

If you are now telling me that 4.5 eliminates the pauses that typically existed in the LA metropolitan region, than LM have really made P3D much better! Can anybody please confirm pauses around LA? Note: I mean a full-fledged LA, using at least OrbX's SoCal, FSDT's KLAX, LatinVFR's KSNA, and lots of AI traffic. Shez's KLGB is a bonus...

You must be dreaming... :cool:

Bert

4 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Looks like the pause at SFO runway intersections for Flightbeam + Orbx NorCal users is gone as well. Maybe others can verify?

There are still plenty of scenery loading pauses so it seems like any improvements they made are very targeted. 

I am getting fewer pauses as I fly around LA in Orbx SOCAL also, not all pauses are gone, but it is better..

• Like 1

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

You must be dreaming... :cool:

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am getting fewer pauses as I fly around LA in Orbx SOCAL also, not all pauses are gone, but it is better..

Well, you tell me, am I dreaming...? Seems like the 'dream' is not quite there yet, judging by your own post 😉 I suppose I'll have to install it when of these days and see for myself. Perhaps this weekend.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

8 hours ago, Mace said:

Maybe they have solved the scenery lookup pauses?  That would be the best thing to happen since 64-bit.

does that mean the EGKK pause and have  a cuppa is now gone ?

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

does that mean the EGKK pause and have  a cuppa is now gone ?

Say what Pete?   I don't now what "a cuppa" is, sounds Italian though.  :) 

Can't say I fly into Gatwick enough to comment on EGKK.

Rhett

Cue Ray Proudfoot and the prime meridian thread reincarnation! 

Hope this is true 

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

!!

This would be major, as my sim always pauses when getting close to airports, major and medium. I always though it was related to UTLive, and it needing to inject a ton of planes through SimConnect, but since I switched away from UTLive to AIG's bgl-based traffic, the pauses continued and in some sense worsened a little, suggesting that it has everything to do with P3D's scenery loading mechanics.

I do not know if P3D has changed in this regard from FSX.  Per an app called Filemon, FSX would scan all sorts of bgl's on a continual basis as you flew.  Obviously some of that would be from library bgl's.  It was rather odd flying over England, seeing Tokyo.bgl getting accessed, but the thought was that tokyo.bgl contained some object(s) used in England as well.

I do not know if P3D exhibits the same behavior, and I do not know if that is the source of a potential long frame in P3D.  It may be something entirely different, like object LOD's...

I know another potential pause in FSX was when you entered the "AI bubble" around a major airport -- something like 110 nm if memory serves.  I haven't had time to study this in P3D but I thought I would mention it.

Rhett

14 minutes ago, kand said:

Cue Ray Proudfoot and the prime meridian thread reincarnation! 

Hope this is true 

Ha ha its true. I normally water the garden while I flare into egkk the pause is that bad. Its been blamed on bgls, the prime meridian, simconnect, sode, gsx.. 

Heaven forbid the coding fsx, ahem sorry P3Dv4 being the issue 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

25 minutes ago, Mace said:

Say what Pete?   I don't now what "a cuppa" is, sounds Italian though.  🙂

Can't say I fly into Gatwick enough to comment on EGKK.

Cuppa is slang for cup of tea 🍵 

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Sounds great. Always hated the pause at 28r just hundreds of feet before landing and at the 28L crossing 1R

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png