Sign in to follow this  
brad536

FSX-SE you should try it if you haven't!

I gave up on FSX a long time ago because I sadly couldn't get it to run anymore and started using P3D, but maybe I'm late to the ball game but I recently installed FSX-SE and DX10 Fixer and I'm amazed.  It runs flawlessly.  I've been flying now pretty heavily for the last couple weeks reliving the old FSX missions and I haven't had any crashes, no flickering, it's smooth as glass.  I've pulled all my old guide books out of storage.  It's beautiful.  I think if they haven't more people need to try it again.  P3D always seemed to me like it was FSX with all the fun extracted which is what I think ESP was, now I'm definitely back to FSX.  These are my specs:

Win 10

i7-8700K

32 GB memory

GTX 1070Ti

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2019 at 7:05 AM, brad536 said:

I think if they haven't more people need to try it again.  P3D always seemed to me like it was FSX with all the fun extracted 

Interesting comments! I am lucky to have quite a smoothly functioning FSX setup at the moment which I enjoy and am reluctant to move to another  platform simply because of the hassle of reinstalling a vast amount of addons. However if/when the inevitable occurs and I have to get a new rig I had planned to replace FSX-A with a combination of FSX-SE and P3Dv4, the latter to allow me to use the more resource heavy aircraft and scenery addons without the issues of a 32-bit platform. Am however just a little curious as to why you feel P3D is like “FSX with all the fun extracted”?

Bill

• Like 1