Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Flight Planning with GTN 750

I just purchased the Flight1 GTN 750.  I created a flight plan using Sim Brief.  I created the .gfp export file and loaded into the GTN 750 and it was unable to load a waypoint.  I wasn’t using the latest AIRAC update via Sim Brief.   Is there a flight planing system that uses the Garmin GTN 750 database?  Do I just purchase the latest AIRAC update?  What is the best way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Edited by Skyseek

On 4/10/2019 at 7:08 AM, Skyseek said:

I just purchased the Flight1 GTN 750.  I created a flight plan using Sim Brief.  I created the .gfp export file and loaded into the GTN 750 and it was unable to load a waypoint.  I wasn’t using the latest AIRAC update via Sim Brief.   Is there a flight planing system that uses the Garmin GTN 750 database?  Do I just purchase the latest AIRAC update?  What is the best way to resolve this?

I've been questing this issue for a while, but this is my understanding, the GTN uses AIRAC 1803 so your flight planning tool, and simulator have to use the same. So to.... how should I put this.... to get all 3 on the same page is a quest in itself.

Having said that, right now I have the GTN at 1803 but Sim and LNM at 1901 and sometimes it's just a matter of fixing a WP which takes seconds. So the next time the GTN is updated, probably in early next year let's say AIRAC 2003 I will make sure to navigraph everything to 2003 but no later.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD