Sign in to follow this  
Randy

Can't get AP or AT disconnect to work

Hi all, lets try this again.

I am still trying to program my buttons thru FSUIPC to disconnect AP or AT.   I was told by Dowson that maybe its under "custome control" at top of his button list.  I go there and get a little box that wants either those 5 numbers I think are offsets or a hex number??   So I looked at Project M offisets and see this 67591 that says AP Master or on, and I enter that in the little box and hit OK and it shows up on the top box on the right that is for button "PUSH" and hit OK.   But nothing works.   I go back to the button box and its now back to where I had another AP Master on under PUSH button.  Does anyone know why the FSUIPC is not talking to my Project M MCP software/CPflight MCP hardware?   Other than not being able to do the AP or AT cutoffs, the Proj M MCP software does talk to my CPflight MCP hardware OK.

Thanks  

10 hours ago, Randy said:

I was told by Dowson that maybe its under "custome control" at top of his button list.

No, that was when I mistakenly thought you were talking about the PMDG aircraft.

Does anyone know why the FSUIPC is not talking to my Project M MCP software/CPflight MCP hardware?

You misunderstand FSUIPC doesn't "talk" to anthing other than the Sim. It is up to those things to talk to FSUIPC, then FSUIPC responds. If you program a button in FSUIPC to send a command like AP on or off, it will send it on to FS. It is no different to assigning it to do so in the Sim itself.

There are Project Magenta dedicated controls which you can also assign in FSUIPC -- those are listed if you checked the checkbox labelled for PM in the Switches and Buttons tab.  I noted that you hardly had any FSUIPC switch or button assignments at all -- only two in fact, And neither of those to any PM controls.

You actually said your setup worked UNTIL you installed the PM MCP software, and then there was some sort of conflict with AP and AT. I explained to you that this was because the PM MCP controls its own AP and AT and you were making a conflict between the two automatic systems -- switching the FS ones when you need to switch the ones in the PM MCP.

The fact that it worked without the PM MCP implies that your CPFlight CP is programmed to control the FS directly, not via a third party MCP program.

You can't have two auto systems trying to do different things and not expect conflict. if you want to use the PM MCP program that, not the Sim's MCP.

Other than not being able to do the AP or AT cutoffs, the Proj M MCP software does talk to my CPflight MCP hardware OK

It must be the other way around -- your hardware MCP must talk to the PM MCP. The readouts on the hardware AND on the PM MCP are probably merely reflecting the FS settings as you change them, except where there's a conflict of interest as with whether AP and AT modes are engaged.

I did explain this on my Forum, but instead of questioning this if you didn't understand, you simply lost patience and just became rude and, to me, rather insulting. Instead of doing that sort of thing try asking questions about things you don't understand. You'll get further that way.

I'll not answer further here. This is not my support forum.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen