Sign in to follow this  
Cloudrider

New issue with Flightplan and Navigraph

Hi guys.

Wondered if anyone had encountered this before please?

I recently installed the Navigraph extension for the E50P. Ever since, I build my flightplan ok and then choose 'Proc' to select an Arrival Procedure at the destination, but the Arrival sequence gets randomly inserted all over my existing flightplan, screwing the sequence up.

I find I now have to 1) Enter departure SID 2) enter arrival STAR 3) highlight the 'Arrival - XXX' entry and add in each step of my flightplan in between before I hit the STAR sequence.

Just me?

Thanks all.

Nige

That Navigraph Extension is a big disappointment imho. I have it myself and having to manually add flight plans and with no capabilities to save is a real turn-off. SafeTaxi database would also be great to have just like the Flight1 GTN750 and I presume the RXP version has also.

Will Carenado ever make it user friendly is a big ???

I so would love to see this fixed. As for procedures, when I create a flight plan, I leave them out. I find it too difficult to change the settings and it just messes up my flight plan.

I’m so hoping to obtain the Mod developed by Novej757 when it is finished (see the post ‘Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod’) which looks like to be a extraordinary addition to say the least.

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

8 hours ago, Fearless said:

That Navigraph Extension is a big disappointment imho. I have it myself and having to manually add flight plans and with no capabilities to save is a real turn-off. SafeTaxi database would also be great to have just like the Flight1 GTN750 and I presume the RXP version has also.

Will Carenado ever make it user friendly is a big ???

I so would love to see this fixed. As for procedures, when I create a flight plan, I leave them out. I find it too difficult to change the settings and it just messes up my flight plan.

I’m so hoping to obtain the Mod developed by Novej757 when it is finished (see the post ‘Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod’) which looks like to be a extraordinary addition to say the least.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Like you I never used Procs but thought this would be the answer. Errr it's Carenado. Big fat nope.

Furthermore whilst now using Flightplans more I uncovered that you can't alter the ALT for each waypoint without using the ENTER key on the lower keyboard panel. It just won't accept the ENTER key on the Prodigy. Yet all oter processes appear OK.

Carenado tagline should be...we nearly got there and could be so much more, but hey 😁

So anyone else encountered the random insert issue I detail perchance?

Thanks.

So... I couldn't let this go. 😉

I opened a ticket with Carenado and here's how it played out.
They asked for videos which I dutifully provided, and also stated a fellow simmer running the Phenom 300 attested to the same exact issue.

Carenado replied...

Carenado Support, Jun 12, 10:14 -04:

Greetings,

We've been unsuccessful in trying to replicate this issue after many attempts as it is not occurring on our computers. Having said this, we feel that it won't be possible for us to solve your problem.

Carenado.

To be fair they did meet me half way with an offer, but I found this a cop out, especially when at least one other could replicate the issue, and on another Aircraft. This said to me the issue was more fundamental.

I wrote...

profile_mask2.png

12 Jun 2019, 18:11

to Carenado
cleardot.gif
Hi again,

Well I appreciate the offer.
I'm rather surprised though, as I don't have much out of the ordinary Win10 rig and addons, and I'm even more intrigued as a fellow user with Phenom 300 is getting the same issue, so definitely not something unique to me.
As a techie, I'd really like to work to try to resolve it with you if we can.

One thing that struck me was the Naigraph Ext - ES300X_navigraph extension.exe - Is this the correct one for Phenom 100? I guess it's generic for 100 and 300 is it? I can't see why this would be an issue. I'd rather think its the FMC/Phenom software that was the issue, but hey.
Do we match in terms of software versions that you guys tried?
Did you guys program the FMC the exact same way as me for example?

I know lots of people love both 100 and 300, so wouldn't it be great to try and find where the issue was?

Then, even more evidence hit the table...

I wrote....

Hi again guys.

In an effort to help identify and work towards a possible solution, and enhance the product experience for your users, something new came to light on this today, you may want to be aware of on this.
We suddenly realised the same symptoms that I have raised the ticket for, are also seen during FSMania's YouTube video here..

So it's clearly a well encountered issue which is affecting a wide customer base.
How's about we try to get to the bottom of it?
Let me know thoughts.

They wrote...
Carenado Support, Jun 20, 11:09 -04:

Greetings,
This was annotated in the fix list for the next version, sadly we don't have a date yet.
Regards

Carenado.

So there you go. Maybe one day we'll see this great aircraft take a patch.

I've tried a similar tact as you with them, and I got a lame excuse saying they were going rework the 'procedures' but no firm date. I've re-opened the case as last time was a year ago I raised it with them long before your first email. So they have known about it for a long time...

Unfortunately their support just try and close your ticket and move you on each time. They don't really care to fix things - it took me weeks to convince them to recompile a DLL that I knew was 32-bit with the correct 64-bit version (for the sound files on the phenom 300) and they tried to wiggle out of it multiple times.

• Like 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg