Sign in to follow this  
GHD

V4..5 Traffic Toolbox

Has anyone been able to run Traffic Toolbox?

If so, how did you do it?

Hi,

the TrafficToolbox has finally been given an add-on.xml.

To activate it, copy this folder

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.11.29713\World\Traffic\TrafficToolbox

to here

C:\Users\<you>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficToolbox

Best regards

Edit: All entries in the DLL.XML files pertaining to the old TrafficToolbox can / should be removed.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver,

It will still work using DLL.XML. However, I needed to delete the SDK directory tree before installing so that it created the new TrafficToolbox folder.

Edited by GHD

12 minutes ago, GHD said:

Thanks Oliver,

It will still work using DLL.XML. However, I needed to delete the SDK directory tree before installing so that it created the new TrafficToolbox folder.

Yes it will, but this is not the recommended method. The DLL.XML is a relic from the stone age.

You should keep all SDK versions separate, not install them into the same folder. Otherwise you will never know what files are new, which ones are old, which ones are supposed to be there or not. And you can trip up the uninstaller. I recommend installing the SDKs with their given name, including the version number, to keep everything tidy.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 4/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

the TrafficToolbox has finally been given an add-on.xml.

To activate it...

Thank you for that. I was becoming a little stressed while failing to get Traffic Toolbox to work after upgrading P3D4.3 to 4.5

On the other hand, I was (only) just intelligent enough to work out that the installer didn't come bundled with the P3D update files and that I had to download the new SDK installer from https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

D