Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

Flytampa yssy

Bought this scenery bout a month ago and the performance is terrible. I have all the options from the configurator that have a moderate or worse performance hit selected to OFF and it doesn't help.

No matter what airplane I'm flying, the Fps or low 20s to mid teens. Stutters like crazy too. 

I'm running P3d V4.4

Orbx global base pack and only use NA LC

8700k at 5ghz

Rtx 2080ti

16 GB of RAM 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I'm not seeing that here on a fairly similar system...sitting at YSSY in the PMDG 747-8i, getting framerate locked up solid at 30 fps with CPU core 0 at ~65% and GPU at 40%.  Rotating the view 360 deg, including towards the terminals, downtown etc does not break the 30fps lock.

I installed YSSY v1.2 and the P3Dv4 patch.  Also using ORBX Australia.  I have the FlyTampa landclass disabled using P3D Addon Manager due to conflicts with ORBX OpenLC installed elsewhere, and in the FT config I have everything turned on except the Safegates, 3D people, and 3D grass.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

That's unusual for a FlyTampa scenery.

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have the same experience. A shame, since it’s a good-looking scenery. The only FT airport I have with similarly bad performance is Toronto (which seems to be a common problem).

James

Ditto Bob's comments.  No problem with FT YSSY.... except  I had to turn off the FT landclass to be compatible with Orbx (the problem was the existence of night texture landclass tiles during day).  I also have all of the FlyTampa locations and none of them have a performance issue here.

8700K 4.8GHz frame rate locked at 24 fps 4K TV and 1080Ti SLI  (I didn't have problems with FlyTampa before getting the second video card).

Dan Downs KCRP

The landclass issue is caused by openLC North America - also affects FlyTampa Montreal (old version), and RFScenery Florence.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Didn't know you guys responded. Is an unistsll and reinstall appropriate in this scenario?

Should I disable the Sydney LC?

Thanks for all the replies.

Matt kubanda

8 hours ago, itsjase said:

Disable Sydney LC if you have Orbx Australia installed.

I don't have orbx Australia. Just fix global and NA LC.

Matt kubanda

Ah okay, well you'll know if you need to disable Sydney LC if you notice massive black patches all around the airport. If you don't you're fine.

Oddly, today I started having issues with stutters and wildly fluctuating frame rates flying into the new KMSY add-on, and at the onset i would have sworn it was something wrong with the scenery.  It ultimately turned out that something had changed the target power limit set in my 2080Ti by a software overclock utility (eVGA Precision X1) from 118% down to 60%, so any time there was a moderate load on the GPU, it would downclock to try and stay within the power budget, which manifested itself with GPU load skyrocketing to near 100% due to the GPU running much slower than normal (1400 MHz vs 2100 MHz).  Took quite a few hours before I spotted the clock frequency diving.  Reinstalling that utility software and resetting the power and fan parameters fixed the frame rate and stuttering issues under load.

I also had weird issues this week with the FSX SP2 version of simconnect failing on a different PC I use for running ActiveSky, ATC, etc remotely over the LAN.  What do these two machines have in common?  Windows 10 and a recent update.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

4 hours ago, w6kd said:

Oddly, today I started having issues with stutters and wildly fluctuating frame rates flying into the new KMSY add-on, and at the onset i would have sworn it was something wrong with the scenery.  It ultimately turned out that something had changed the target power limit set in my 2080Ti by a software overclock utility (eVGA Precision X1) from 118% down to 60%, so any time there was a moderate load on the GPU, it would downclock to try and stay within the power budget, which manifested itself with GPU load skyrocketing to near 100% due to the GPU running much slower than normal (1400 MHz vs 2100 MHz).  Took quite a few hours before I spotted the clock frequency diving.  Reinstalling that utility software and resetting the power and fan parameters fixed the frame rate and stuttering issues under load.

I also had weird issues this week with the FSX SP2 version of simconnect failing on a different PC I use for running ActiveSky, ATC, etc remotely over the LAN.  What do these two machines have in common?  Windows 10 and a recent update.

Regards

Now that you mention it....I did notice my GPU usage going up to 95ish percent. On the other side of the coin, GPU usage was also hovering around mid 60 percent on one trial run. 

I'll double check EVGA precision x1 and see what that does

Thanks for the insight!

Matt kubanda

On 4/14/2019 at 3:08 AM, w6kd said:

Regards

The same performance drops I experienced at YSSY happened today at EHAM. Both fly Tampa sceneries. 

I looked at the GPU z log and I noticed that the GPU load was only low 40s to 60 percent.

The power draw was normal. 

The terms on the you were mid 60s.

I have no idea what changed within the last two weeks but this is getting irritating as hell.

Matt kubanda

Try decreasing your scenery load distances one notch to the left.

Dan Downs KCRP