Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

I reinstalled Client 4.5 and found the FPS dropped from 45 to 27.

Then client 4.4 returned and FPS returned to 45

Has anyone noticed this?

(ORBX, A-Sky, UtLive, GSX, EDDM)

Edited by BMW969
  • Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

yep, noticed a drop in FPS too, when ORBX stuff is installed, compared to 4.4.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

I have the same problem. At Aerosoft EDDF with ORBX Germany my frame rate dropped from more than 35 to less than 25 with PMDG 747-8 (and from 55 to 30 with default aircraft). Nothing I tried did help, went back to 4.4.

No drop at all here on 2 pc’s. Slightly better ( 5-7% )

FTX Global / TE NL / FT Amsterdam 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I noticed the drop right away. I did a full install. I kicked my texture resolution down from 15 cm to 60 cm and it helped a little. I have a 4K monitor anyway at a high resolution, so I didn't see much difference visually. At the moment I am running scenery at dense instead of very dense and the autogen and buildings are at normal. This all seems to help restore the FPS. As always, I deleted the shaders with all these changes...this is a must do!

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Those with the FPS drop, does this mean you are experiencing stutters too?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

21 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I noticed the drop right away. I did a full install. I kicked my texture resolution down from 15 cm to 60 cm and it helped a little. I have a 4K monitor anyway at a high resolution, so I didn't see much difference visually. At the moment I am running scenery at dense instead of very dense and the autogen and buildings are at normal. This all seems to help restore the FPS. As always, I deleted the shaders with all these changes...this is a must do!

So the key point after this ‘update’ that everyone is waiting on is turn down sliders and visuals and expect worse performance?

It sounds like an amazing ‘update’. 

FPS a little up or down, does it matter really. I can't see muck improvement between P3Dv3 and and latest V4.5. These updates are minor.

LM needs to change to a new engine.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

4 minutes ago, roarkr said:

FPS a little up or down, does it matter really. I can't see muck improvement between P3Dv3 and and latest V4.5. These updates are minor.

LM needs to change to a new engine.

Upgrade to 64 bit simulator constitutes a minor update? 

• Like 7

Matt King

42 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Those with the FPS drop, does this mean you are experiencing stutters too?

It's still very smooth, even with FPS down a touch. I have everything installed and I am doing it with the PMDG 737 and full weather and UTL so it is actually doing well. I will say this, I re-installed the full ORBX, except I am trying it with out Vector this time. It might help in the smoothness area and I am hoping lessen the infamous "ORBX" pauses.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I did a fresh install, currently I have only installed Orbx TE GB south, Uk2000s egkk and the AS airbus and QW 787, Seeing a huge reduction in FPS, was was normally 40 with no stutters when panning the view, to 20fps and huge stutters when panning the view. 

Jack Cannon

No performance impact here.  Using all Orbx and my terrain texture resolution is maximum.

In fact I notice significant improvement with loading complex scenery objects in that there are much fewer and shorter long frames when such objects load.  I'm really happy with this latest.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

4 minutes ago, Jcannon said:

I did a fresh install, currently I have only installed Orbx TE GB south, Uk2000s egkk and the AS airbus and QW 787, Seeing a huge reduction in FPS, was was normally 40 with no stutters when panning the view, to 20fps and huge stutters when panning the view. 

I do not know how for you, but every additional FPS is dear to me.)  And minus 25-35% , this is critical!

• Like 2

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider