Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

No performance impact here.  Using all Orbx and my terrain texture resolution is maximum.

In fact I notice significant improvement with loading complex scenery objects in that there are much fewer and shorter long frames when such objects load.  I'm really happy with this latest.

Same here Dan, in fact up a bit but really smooth. Loading times now are all under 20-25 seconds, great improvement there. I'm non-HT and locked at 60 on a 60hz monitor, all ORBX but down a notch on terrain resolution and a couple others to help the CPU/GPU last a while. Just retired and time between rig updates will lengthen so this new one has to last a bit longer than I'm used to.

Just did a VFR around Burlington, VT and I can't explain it but everything looks better some how, little sharper and clearer. ASP3D4/ASCA working great and I am definitely seeing improvement with them, very sharp and no hesitation at all with dynamic changes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

I think it's imperative that all those with low FPS post their OC setting,s if any, as wella s whether they use things such as affinity mask or process lasso. It seems impossible that, if everybody were to run the same setup, some people report a halving of their FPS, while other report no change. There must be a difference in the setups (beyond hardware configuration) that must be affecting the way P3D runs?

• Upvote 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If you are experiencing fps drop..

1. Did you delete your Shaders folder?

2. Are you using speedtrees?

In my case fps are unchanged and smoothness is better.

(Shaders deleted, and no Speedtrees in use).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

With regard to Bert's comments....

1. Yes

2. No

I do have everything hard right but I'm comparing like for like here. 33% or more drop in fps with all packages upgraded. I'm now in the middle of a clean install, just to see.

27 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

With regard to Bert's comments....

1. Yes

2. No

I do have everything hard right but I'm comparing like for like here. 33% or more drop in fps with all packages upgraded. I'm now in the middle of a clean install, just to see.

Ewww...clean install.  Sorry!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I am seeing a little increase in frames at my test airport. YYZ, flytampa. It seems more smooth for sure. And the textures seem to be more crisp. I just installed the client, deleted the shaders and rebuilt my CFG file. Which is what I do on every update. 

For those with lower FPS with 4.5 vs 4.4, could you try to disable dynamic lighting ?

Sorry to hear that some are having some issues with V4.5.

For my Sim, I have the same “very very good” performance on V4.5 as I did with V4.4

settings are Medium high with with dynamic lighting “on” 

my frames are set to unlimited, I’ve stopped checking the FPS and aim for smoothness, if I were to guess, I’d say it’s between 25 and 45 FPS anywhere I fly, even around the Seattle area with all ORBX, but who knows? 🙂

So far I am loving P3D v4 and right now V4.5 is really running great for me using ORBX + Tongass and all RTMM, PMDG, Aerosoft, ASV4(open beta) REX 4, REX 5, REX WWA, FSUIPC5, Carenado, A2A, Traffic through Vox ATC and Traffic Global, and many many more . I hope some of the others get their issues sorted out.

Still running my old

I7-2700k @4.8

and somewhat new

MSI GTX 1070ti

• Like 1

I've noticed an improvement in FPS, so figured I'd make an account here and post results.

There is a substantial (10-20 FPS) improvement in VR and marginal (5-10 FPS) improvement without.  I did a test flight via the PMDG 747-800 from Orbx ESSA to Mega Airport EGLL.  Normal FPS on the ground ranged from 40-60 and in the air varied 45-70.  FPS in VR on the ground was 25-35 and in the air was around 30-40.

Display: FXAA on, 2xSSAA, Anisotropic 16x, Ultra - 4096x4096, VSync and Trible Buffering on, unlimited target frame rate

World: terrain max with use-high res checked, scenery complexity max, draw distance very high, autogen density dense, dynamic 3d autogen off; everything else medium

Lighting: HDR lighting on, dynamic lighting on

VR Settings: HMDDisplayMode Single-Pass, OnScreenDisplayMode Single

My installation steps:

1.  Uninstall client via add/remove programs, installed 4.5 via instructions on Prepar3d

2.  Uninstall scenery via add/remove programs, installed 4.5 via instructions on Prepar3d

3.  I did not install the content update

4.  Reinstalled Orbx Base

5.  Deleted shaders, then reinstalled Matt Davie's preset in PTA

6.  Reset scenery library order (it was mis-configured when I reinstalled Base)

Addons: Rex Skyforce 3D with resolutions maxed, ActiveSky with default settings, ORBX (Global, Europe + America openLC, FTX trees), and a slew of Flightbeam, FlyTampa and Mega Airport addons

Hope this helps.  PC specs are in sig.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I do not know how for you, but every additional FPS is dear to me.)  And minus 25-35% , this is critical!

Oh yeah its ruined and my local hubs EGKK and EGLL, I have been avoiding Heathrow since TE GB came out, as it was virtually unplayable.

I did do a clean install and removed all files from everywhere. Yesterday, I looked in the shaders folder and found to my amazement that i had some 3000+ files in there. I deleted them and so far the sim has only generated 450, but i saw no performance increase.

Jack Cannon

With one monitor I have no problems, but with sourround and three Views the old problem ist back.

I use Prepare 3D Professional
The change from v4.4 to 4.5 works without problems.
The loading times are better, but I don't really care about them.

But the frames in 4.5 are unacceptable.
For comparison over 3 screens

All with addon airport and FTX GEN/GES

EDDP before 47 after 35
EDDB before 28 after 12!
LMML (my Development at this time) before 58 after 42

Back to 4.4, everything's fine.

And yes I know what I do, because I also develop.
Everything tested under unchanged same settings
My hardware

https://simmershome.de/pc-hardware-simmershome/

• Like 1

Regards Rainer

https://simmershome.de

cropped-logo.jpg

I can report that I don't see any changes in performance (fps) at different locations including ORBX FTX regions.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

15 hours ago, Chandler said:

yep, noticed a drop in FPS too, when ORBX stuff is installed, compared to 4.4.

Yes I too have installed the v4.5 updated and I'm disappointed. I'm getting lower frame rates than in 4.4, especially when doing a VFR flight with a chopper over London. I am running a triple monitor setup and with 4.4 it was still flyable over London. Now with 4.5 frame rates are dropping down to 10. 😪

Will do some more testing, but I'm seriously contemplating in switching back to 4.4.

Kind regards,

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you are experiencing fps drop..

1. Did you delete your Shaders folder?

2. Are you using speedtrees?

In my case fps are unchanged and smoothness is better.

(Shaders deleted, and no Speedtrees in use).

Hi,

I deleted shadows folder and even the sceneryindexes_64 folder to no avail. Still a drop in FPS in comparison with v4.4? I've also completely deleted PrePaR3D.cfg file and that did not help either. Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation (speedtrees?) has always been off on my setup.

Kind regards,