Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Can't say I've noticed any difference in FPS either way, over both ORBX regions and photo scenery. Not flown with weather yet, I might do my stress test scenario in to Edinburgh in rubbish weather and see how it does

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

@davetfcCould it be the Windows 10 game mode? maybe others have this disabled for P3D, etc. while yours is active.

Can you try to disable the Game mode in your case and test again?

Also check if you have WPF hardware acceleration enabled or disabled, this is located inside the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

Check if you have a key with the value DisableHWAcceleration = 1

Simbol

Edited by simbol

Is the FPS loss specific to VR and/or people utilizing triple monitors?  That seems to be a common theme? 

Matt King

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

@davetfcCould it be the Windows 10 game mode? maybe others have this disabled for P3D, etc. while yours is active.

Can you try to disable the Game mode in your case and test again?

Also check if you have WPF hardware acceleration enabled or disabled, this is located inside the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

Check if you have a key with the value DisableHWAcceleration = 1

Simbol

On the note of the hardware acceleration fix, do you know if that was sorted in 4.5, so we can use ReShade normally without disabling it?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

On the note of the hardware acceleration fix, do you know if that was sorted in 4.5, so we can use ReShade normally without disabling it?

Beau said next version would have this sorted and I also use Reshade on my sim, but I haven't tested it yet to be honest, I have been putting other fires in the last 48 hours lol.

This weekend I might get a chance.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 1

I'm using 5 monitors (3 for outside view and 2 for 2D panels) and have noticed a drop pf 10 fps going from 4.4 to 4.5.
I lock my frames at 24fps.

I deleted prepared.cfg, shaders dir contents and scenery index dir and rebooted prior to starting up 4.5.
I dont use speed trees nor any reshade tools.

1 minute ago, c912039 said:

I deleted prepared.cfg, shaders dir contents and scenery index dir and rebooted prior to starting up 4.5.
I dont use speed trees nor any reshade tools.

Despite of not using the reshade tools, can you check the registry entry I suggested? it is not related to Reshade it is related really to hardware acceleration for .NET WPF applications.

Also can you confirm your Nvidia drivers, game mode state, etc.?

We need to compile data to pass along to LM, saying it doesn;t work and just reverting back will not help anybody to get anything fixed or improved.

Regards,
Simbol

37 minutes ago, simbol said:

Beau said next version would have this sorted and I also use Reshade on my sim, but I haven't tested it yet to be honest, I have been putting other fires in the last 48 hours lol.

This weekend I might get a chance.

S.

Figured I'd quickly set it up and mess with ReShade. Now it behaves identical under 4.5 with hardware acceleration enabled, as it did with it disabled under 4.4, using Reshade 3.1.2. So it seems to have indeed been fixed.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Despite of not using the reshade tools, can you check the registry entry I suggested? it is not related to Reshade it is related really to hardware acceleration for .NET WPF applications.

Also can you confirm your Nvidia drivers, game mode state, etc.?

We need to compile data to pass along to LM, saying it doesn;t work and just reverting back will not help anybody to get anything fixed or improved.

Regards,
Simbol

Game Mode State: States the PC supports Game mode, but there is no on/off toggle. All other related entries associated with the Gaming tabs in Settings are disabled where there is an option to do so.

Reg entry was not present, but I added the DWORD and rebooted and still experienced the same FPS drop.

Tests are done with weather set to clear skies
I have all traffic sliders at 0.
frames locked at 24 fps, no triple buffer, no Vsync, no FXAA, AA=4xMSAA

I notice the greatest drop at Aersoft EDDF and Aerosoft EGLL

8700k CPU overclocked at 5.2GHz, water cooled. (temps under P3D load are 48C deg)
3 x 3d monitors hooked up to GTX 1080Ti (water cooled), drivers 391.35
2 x 2d panel monitors hooked up to GTX 1050

8 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Game Mode State: States the PC supports Game mode, but there is no on/off toggle. All other related entries associated with the Gaming tabs in Settings are disabled where there is an option to do so.

Reg entry was not present, but I added the DWORD and rebooted and still experienced the same FPS drop.

Tests are done with weather set to clear skies
I have all traffic sliders at 0.
frames locked at 24 fps, no triple buffer, no Vsync, no FXAA, AA=4xMSAA

I notice the greatest drop at Aersoft EDDF and Aerosoft EGLL

8700k CPU overclocked at 5.2GHz, water cooled. (temps under P3D load are 48C deg)
3 x 3d monitors hooked up to GTX 1080Ti (water cooled), drivers 391.35
2 x 2d panel monitors hooked up to GTX 1050

Could it be the old drivers not taking advantage of 4.5 ?

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Could it be the old drivers not taking advantage of 4.5 ?

Michael Moe

+1

Also please remove the registry key about Hardware acceleration, not needed with 4.5, this does not requires a reboot.

Do you use also Nvidia Control Panel? 

Regards 

Simbol 

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

+1

Also please remove the registry key about Hardware acceleration, not needed with 4.5, this does not requires a reboot.

Do you use also Nvidia Control Panel? 

Regards 

Simbol 

Removed, no change

I do not use NVidia Control Panel

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

Is the FPS loss specific to VR and/or people utilizing triple monitors?  That seems to be a common theme? 

I'm using a single monitor (2560x1600) and also have the FPS loss.