Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

No frame loss here

1. I uninstalled Client 4.4.
  2. I uninstalled content 4.4
  3. I installed client 4.5
  4. I installed content 4.5
  5. I removed some addons from the dll.xml and exe.xml, related to active sky, VRS and aerosoft recorder

SteamVR is OFF
NVIDIA Drivers 419.67

I did not delete any shareds nor change any settings, getting the same results as before. I do use processlasso otherwise my VR headset and frames are unstable.

In VR ~40fps no VR 100+fps

Edited by Hollywood

Can anybody having the FPS issues, test disabling the Nvidia high definitions sound devices? and retest please? be sure to be on the latest drivers as well.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can anybody having the FPS issues, test disabling the Nvidia high definitions sound devices? and retest please? be sure to be on the latest drivers as well.

Regards,
Simbol

upgraded drivers to 419.67, disabled Nvidia hi-def sound drivers, deleted cache dir contents, rebooted and tested the same scenario, with no change in performance.

5 minutes ago, c912039 said:

rebooted and tested the same scenario,

How you disable the Nvidia hi-def devices? they always get re-enabled after reboot unless you uninstall the driver entirely.

Just check they remained disabled, but thanks for all your tests..

There is a topic in the LM forums about this: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=133165

It seems that if you have only 1 Monitor all is fine, multiple monitors this happens..

S.

Edited by simbol

Has anybody mentioned OS and OS version? - of late there has been a resistance of updating windows 10 and Nvidia drivers for various reasons.

I have the very latest build of Win 10 and I have not been able to detect any performance drop between 4.4 and 4.5   

Just now, pracines said:

Has anybody mentioned OS and OS version? - of late there has been a resistance of updating windows 10 and Nvidia drivers for various reasons.

I have the very latest build of Win 10 and I have not been able to detect any performance drop between 4.4 and 4.5   

Do you have multiple screens? that seems to be a factor at the moment.

S.

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

How you disable the Nvidia hi-def devices? they always get re-enabled after reboot unless you uninstall the driver entirely.

Just check they remained disabled, but thanks for all your tests..

S.

Disabled via Device Manager->Sound,Video & Game Controllers , and they seem to stay disabled after a reboot.

Im on Win 10 1803

Just now, simbol said:

Do you have multiple screens? that seems to be a factor at the moment.

S.

I have 2 monitors, but I do full screen (background=false) P3D on main and utilities/add-ons on the other.

But even so, has the OS build even been explored? LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

5 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Im on Win 10 1803

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

I do remember that I experienced severe FPS loss quite  a while ago. It turned out that the cause was due to a GSX update.

Virtuali mentioned that he had started using a particular P3D SDK call with that update, and seemed to hit multi-screen users.
He removed that function call in a further update, and performance was restored.

The issue he discovered with the SDK call, and this issue are probably completely unrelated, but I thought I might mention it, as not many users were impacted by the SDK call issue in GSX.

5 minutes ago, pracines said:

Why aren't you on 1809? 

or even better, get on 1903 asap, which is heading for the release preview channel (it's done but due to the 1809 release being such a headache, it'll be served as a preview for a month to make absolutely sure it's ready), as it'll contain the retpoline fix to mitigate the Specre and Meltdown vulnerabilities that caused CPU slowdowns under some circumstances

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-will-banish-spectre-slowdowns-with-googles-retpoline-patch/

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, pracines said:

I have 2 monitors, but I do full screen (background=false) P3D on main and utilities/add-ons on the other.

But even so, has the OS build even been explored? LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

Why aren't you on 1809? 

No idea, but according to the Update page, where Ive forced a recheck just today, it states I am up to date with the last cumulative update for 1803 installed for March 2019. Build 17134.648

6 minutes ago, c912039 said:

No idea, but according to the Update page, where Ive forced a recheck just today, it states I am up to date with the last cumulative update for 1803 installed for March 2019. Build 17134.648

Go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

You can force it directly there.

Regards,
S.

3 hours ago, simbol said:

@davetfcCould it be the Windows 10 game mode? maybe others have this disabled for P3D, etc. while yours is active.

Can you try to disable the Game mode in your case and test again?

Also check if you have WPF hardware acceleration enabled or disabled, this is located inside the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

Check if you have a key with the value DisableHWAcceleration = 1

Simbol

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm running a triple monitor setup and I'm having issues with a drop in frame rates after updating to v4.5. The rest of my hardware is listed in my signature. NVidia drivers are the latest (v419.67). Windows version is the latest build available here in Belgium (v1809 - build 17763.437 - KB4493509).

Windows10 game mode has always been deactivated since using P3D v4.4. I checked in the registry and did not find the key "DisableHWAcceleration".

I'm now in the process of completely reinstalling v4.4 as v4.5 would seem to be to hard for my hardware configuration running a triple monitor setup.

Kind regards,

Edited by davetfc
Addition

10 minutes ago, davetfc said:

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm running a triple monitor setup and I'm having issues with a drop in frame rates after updating to v4.5. The rest of my hardware is listed in my signature. NVidia drivers are the latest (v419.67). Windows version is the latest build available here in Belgium (v1809 - build 17763.437 - KB4493509).

Windows10 game mode has always been deactivated since using P3D v4.4. I checked in the registry and did not find the key "DisableHWAcceleration".

I'm now in the process of completely reinstalling v4.4 as v4.5 would seem to be to hard for my hardware configuration running a triple monitor setup.

Kind regards,

Hi Dave,

Thanks, your system is fully up to date it seems multiple screens is a common factor at the moment.

Could you please post all your data here for LM? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=196247#p196247

The more information they get, then they will be able to pinpoint the problem and provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,
S.