Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

I am noticing a slight improvement to my earlier post about my FPS being down a bit. I have been cleaning up all my ORBX installs by uninstalling and then re-installing each one, starting with FTX Global and on to ORBX Libraries and so forth.. It has made a difference and improved FPS somewhat. It seems to clean things up and the sim performs better. I also upgraded to the latest drivers. 

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

4 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Update completed, cleared out shaders again just in case after final update reboot, and made no difference to P3D performance

Copy that.. would you be able to report your issue with all your system specs to LM in the topic I posted above? 

I just informed Lockheed Martin via internal communications, but it is essential that all users provide as much accurate information to LM engineers so they can try to replicate the issue, etc.

Regards,
Simbol

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Dave,

Thanks, your system is fully up to date it seems multiple screens is a common factor at the moment.

Could you please post all your data here for LM? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=196247#p196247

The more information they get, then they will be able to pinpoint the problem and provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,
S.

Done.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Now you have Kayla full attention, https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196274#p196274

I suggest you get on with her tests, as they will release a hotfix soon.. I imagine they want to get this problem addressed at the same time, so TIME IS CRITICAL.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm enjoying DCS! 😏

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys,

Now you have Kayla full attention, https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196274#p196274

I suggest you get on with her tests, as they will release a hotfix soon.. I imagine they want to get this problem addressed at the same time, so TIME IS CRITICAL.

Regards,
Simbol

Don't have the issue, but just wanted to say - you ROCK Simbol!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Apparently another successful update. Good frames and looks great. They must have done something to the light, for on my 4k screen it looks different. I like it.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys,

Regards,
Simbol

I don’t have the issue either, but I’d just like to say, Well done indeed!😃

15 hours ago, Jcannon said:

Oh yeah its ruined and my local hubs EGKK and EGLL, I have been avoiding Heathrow since TE GB came out, as it was virtually unplayable.

Forgive me if this is off topic, but why would you just leave a product active that causes you inability to fly from your "hub" airports.

Mate, turn it off and go have some fun. :wacko:

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

We cannot claim victory yet, let's hope they find the issue and a quick fix can be provided, but guys please give to kayla the correct information, she is clearly asking specific questions, please answer her the most accurate way possible.

Also again please note that not everyone is having the same problem, one more time we have a mixture here, people really affected by this performance report are those with multiple screens displays (mostly using 1 GPU, so no SLI) who are experiencing up to 30 to 45 percent of performance drop.

Please remember Lockheed Martin developers and engineers do not own 3rd party add-on's like you, telling LM that your frames were great using Airport A from vendor X is not going to help them, test on default areas with 4.4, then on 4.5 and report the difference in these so they can replicate your report. And for the love of god, stay on 4.5 otherwise if LM give you a possible fix you would not be able to test it!!!.

Additionally, if you are experiencing just 1 to 5 frames less, please move along, it is not this issue, let me reassure you it is your environment and other variables, even traffic levels on a particular day can cause such little dips.

Many thanks to all for your efforts and tests.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Good morning,

I noticed this massive impact of frames especially in ORBX TEGBS. Identical settings like in 4.4, I have had diashows with the default Piper. But the most remarkable thing is the amount of VRAM that is needed now: in 4.4 I have about 7.2GB VRAM in use, in 4.5 10.4-10.7GB. From 11GB as max. capacity. So I have had several CTD's with an erromessage concerning the graphic card.
In other region like TENL or normal openLC xyz the frames are okay, but not better than in 4.4.
I went back to 4.4 until I have clarification about this enormous need for VRAM; I like TEGBS too much!

Kai

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

57 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Good morning,

I noticed this massive impact of frames especially in ORBX TEGBS. Identical settings like in 4.4, I have had diashows with the default Piper. But the most remarkable thing is the amount of VRAM that is needed now: in 4.4 I have about 7.2GB VRAM in use, in 4.5 10.4-10.7GB. From 11GB as max. capacity. So I have had several CTD's with an erromessage concerning the graphic card.
In other region like TENL or normal openLC xyz the frames are okay, but not better than in 4.4.
I went back to 4.4 until I have clarification about this enormous need for VRAM; I like TEGBS too much!

Kai

Hi Kai,

Lockheed Martin is moving more and more resources to be handled by the GPU instead of CPU (as it should be, and as people have been requesting ), so this could be a reason for more VRAM requirements.

The issue as I explained on my previous post, is that nobody can know if a 3rd party vendor -in this case ORBX- did something that doesn't work with 4.5 and if this was the case -this is speculation of course-, you cannot blame Lockheed Martin for it, it would be like blaming LM for FSLabs or F1GTN not being compatible with  P3D 4.5.

Having said that I believe many users are using TE GB south with 4.5 without issues. But my point is that all tests must be performed in P3D default areas -not using 3rd party add-on's- as otherwise we would make LM debugging tasks far too difficult. Did you deleted your Prepar3d.cfg file and shaders? it could be you are using some settings that trigger this situation, also as I have been asking and Kayla too, do you have multiple monitors? do you use them to display P3D on both? your signature says Windows 10 pro, but which built? 1703, 1803, 1809, etc.?

---------------

At this stage, I am really concerned about how bad the reports have been made inside the Lockheed Martin forum, I seriously cannot understand why it is so hard to answer straight questions as Kayla did guys, just imagine her request was a "support ticket form" and if you do not provide all the fields, your support ticket cannot be created.

Developers need proper information to replicate situations, coming to us saying "it doesn't work, fixed it and let me know when you have done it" is the worse thing you can do.. 

So one more time, this is the information Kayla is asking, so please give it to her via Lockheed Martin forums:

Hello all,

Can you post your system specs?

Have you tested this without any addons installed?

Can you provided a specific location to test, as well as your settings?

If using multiple monitors, how are you maximizing Prepar3D across your monitors? (View groups, stretching the window and alt + enter, external tool, etc)

Have you disabled any performance monitoring tools? (GeForce Experience, Radeon Overlay, etc)

Thanks, 
Kayla

Nobody is telling Kayla any information regarding question 3, question 4 and question 5 and many don't even bother to say their system specifications. If this data is not provided to LM and you all continue just posting saying Airport A from vendor X works fine on P3D 4.4, I can warranty you LM will think this is an issue with a 3rd party Add-on and that nothing is wrong with P3D 4.5.

Just my 2 cents, and for the record I don't work for Lockheed Martin, I am just trying to help all of you to get issues resolved.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

This could be the reason for the FPS down experienced by some:

p3d.png