Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Well, add me to the list. I'm also down an average of 6-10 FPS and getting stutters everywhere. I've been playing with settings, but nothing seems to have made a difference.

Of note, vram usage seems to be up from around 5.5G to about 6.5G, but GPU usage seems to have dropped from 50-56% to around 37%. 

i5-8600K @ 5.0Ghz / RTX2080Ti

4.4 was much smoother. 4.5 looks much better. Lets hope LM can get the 2 together...

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

FPS loss may be also true for other FTX regions. I have now only 20-22 fps at KFHR/PNW (a2a172). With 4.4 I had approx. 28-30 if my memory is correct.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I took the bait and upgraded to 4.5. Performance wise I didn't experience any stutters. I was able to do a quick flight from cyyz to cyyz using p3d provided aircraft. It wPent very smoothly. 

I then loaded a new scenario and loaded up flytampa omdb scenery using updated FSL A320 aircraft. I didn't bother to configure the plane much. Just setup in mcdu that rte will be omdb/omdb arrival will be rwy 12L. As I was making final approach my p3d crashed 11nm away from runway. 

I will test this again but so far pretty good.

Bilal Asif Khan

26 minutes ago, Nemo said:

FPS loss may be also true for other FTX regions. I have now only 20-22 fps at KFHR/PNW (a2a172). With 4.4 I had approx. 28-30 if my memory is correct.

Same FPS ranges here except that I've been testing at KBOS, KBWI, KDEN, and KMSP. Only Global Base, LC NA, and Vector are in effect there for me. I have NCA, SCA, and PNW installed, though...

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Now that people mention OrbX and Germany specifically, I think I can join the choir. I've done majority of my flights around Germany since I upgraded to 4.5 and the performance has been all over the place. The other day, I was sitting at Aerosoft's Helgoland, which sits off the coast but still some way out, plus it's surrounded by water. Don't ever recall having performance issues with this thing but under 4.5, on that day, I was struggling to break 20FPS for some reason, just sitting on the ground.

Now that I'm aware, I'll try and disable Germany if it happens again, see if that is indeed the culprit.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

There is a theory about the LOD autogen setting being stuck at Ultra, I have my doubts about this and I suspect this is due to 3rd party add-on's not configured to follow LOD settings properly under 4.5.

However can somebody test the following:

Under 4.4 go to an affected airport, set the autogen to ultra, record FPS, CPU load and GPU Vram load.

Then lower to medium, record same figures.

Move to a default area, the default scenary of P3D is the best, perform both tests above and record same figures.

Upgrade to 4.5.

Repeat the same tests, record the same figures, and report to Lockheed Martin forums please, Rob Ainscough is there trying to organise the reports now because everything is all over the place, we need Lockheed Martin being able to replicate the problem, to confirm there is one and get a fix if this is the case.

Regards 

Simbol 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

There is a theory about the LOD autogen setting being stuck at Ultra, I have my doubts about this and I suspect this is due to 3rd party add-on's not configured to follow LOD settings properly under 4.5.

However can somebody test the following:

Under 4.4 go to an affected airport, set the autogen to ultra, record FPS, CPU load and GPU Vram load.

Then lower to medium, record same figures.

Move to a default area, the default scenary of P3D is the best, perform both tests above and record same figures.

Upgrade to 4.5.

Repeat the same tests, record the same figures, and report to Lockheed Martin forums please, Rob Ainscough is there trying to organise the reports now because everything is all over the place, we need Lockheed Martin being able to replicate the problem, to confirm there is one and get a fix if this is the case.

Regards 

Simbol 

Do you mean Terrain Setting LOD Radius: MAX or ULTRA vs MEDIUM, or do you mean Autogen Settings in Scenery Objects?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

So are what we saying/seeing is that if you have Orbx products, you will see a drop in FPS w/ v4.5?  Wasn't the purpose of this update to IMPROVE performance w/ Orbx?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I also have dramatic FPS drops in 4.5 Grrrrr    turned everything down to get a little better FPS. I have dual 4 k monitors. Clearly something wrong with 4.5 or Orbx software.

33 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Do you mean Terrain Setting LOD Radius: MAX or ULTRA vs MEDIUM, or do you mean Autogen Settings in Scenery Objects?

Autogen settings, but let's test both, everything is still cloudy at this stage.

S.

Does anybody think it is related to the choice of OS? I see many people reporting this problem with Win10. I am still on Win7 and don't have these problems (but I am also not an ORBX user, except for Alaska where I don't see any slowdowns). And I am on a single 43" 4k display. 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

It is definitely something with ORBX. I can see the change when I go San Francisco to LA. I have Northern California ORBX region but I only have Global and LC in Southern Cal. The FPS changes a lot and goes up on the same flight when you cross over from north to south.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Also V4.5 is way less stable.

Slewing around more than half a minute results in CTD’s.

Loading 100 AI aircraft ( black —> liveries ) takes up to 2 min after loading into the scevery in V4.5 compared to 5 sec in V4.4.

In V4.4 I could start Wideview, PSXseeconTraffic and FsGlobal Real Weather randomewise without issues.

Now I have to start WidevieW last otherwise to be sure everything is loading normally.

Menory usage is also 30-35% higher than compared to 4.5.

So performance and stability wise V4.5 is not good.

There is potential as the Nightlighting looks superb and the whole scene looks more real now.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Autogen settings, but let's test both, everything is still cloudy at this stage.

S.

There could be some merit to this theory. I did a flight yesterday evening with my lowered IFR settings where the autogen drawing distance is set to normal and I could still see night lights as far back as the horizon at FL200. Something that would not happen before with a setting this low.

Thank you for everyone who has been tests.  I didn't upgrade pending your reviews.  I appreciate your feedback and will hold off.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home