Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

have seen Robs table for Vram and memory and not bad cant say the same for me

Vram for me with 4.5 JV settings very modest  No weather 30hz refresh rate and vsync on

Orbx TrueEarth at Southampton EGHI DA62 no weather 

Ram 12.4

Vram 7

start flying and this rises 

My system has 16gig of ram and a RTX 2080 hence my concern

Did go back to 4.4 yesterday and condiderably lower but have not got figures at least 3 gig lower

FTX England at Southampton EGHI DA62 no weather 

Ram 6.2 gig

vram 3.2

True earth certainly hates 4.5 reposting this in P3D forum

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Let's keep this topic constructive, I don't want a flame war about XP please, do that on a different topic if you wish.

We are having enough trouble to focus people into reporting correctly please.

Back on topic, Rob Ainscough, Pete D., Me and others are discussing internally via LM beta forums.

The rest please follow Rob testing techniques and report to LM.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Back to 4.4 difference is 15 + FPS loss with v4.5, but also the allocated memory VRAM and ram are concerning and also the culprit (memory starvation) ...

Looks like a memory leak with ORBX and the added autogen density 😉 

So 4.4 (ORBX TE NL and Flytampa EHAM and FSL) 44 + fps (and flying to UK TE GEB south the committed memory is around 14 GB and allocated RAM 7,5 GB is used )

So 4.5 (ORBX TE NL and Flytampa EHAM and FSL) 24+  fps (and flying to UK TE GEB south the committed memory is around 30 GB and allocated RAM 16 GB is all used 😲)

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 1

André

I did a search, but I haven't seen any reference to this:

Can anyone test to see if speedtrees turns on/off when you toggle "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" in the World Options in P3D settings.

On my rig, the toggle does not have any effect and speedtrees are always used regardless of the toggle.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

2 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

I did a search, but I haven't seen any reference to this:

Can anyone test to see if speedtrees turns on/off when you toggle "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" in the World Options in P3D settings.

On my rig, the toggle does not have any effect and speedtrees are always used regardless of the toggle.

you need to restart the sim for that change to take effect

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

you need to restart the sim for that change to take effect

GAH!  You're right, of course!  Should have known better!  😆

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

5 hours ago, Rasterfahnder said:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.02
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160

I appologize in andvance for suggesting this. But it helped on my system (singel 4k monitor).

I use Track IR and got better panning quality in v4.5 even when frames occasional go down by about 4-6 frames under 33 in some cases. Despite the frames I like the overall experience. Hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the tip, I am on a single monitor, so will give this a go.  I do find a smoother experience when switching views as well in 4.5.

Simon

First, apologies for my poor English.
I join the club affected by 4.5
I lose around 15 to 20 fps in EDDM, with 777 PMDG, ORBX base, vector and LC Europe, and with Active Sky.
i7 6700k@4.50, 16gb ram, 1080ti. TV 4k.
I hope to be helpful.
regards

Same here, 4.4 runs way better in terms of FPS.

Sitting in the FSL 320 cockpit at BOS (FlyTampa) 22R with AS current WX...

4.5: ~21 - 25 FPS

4.4: ~30 - 35 FPS

Actually P3d 4.5 runs very well on my system

8086k 5.1 ghz 
1080TI
latest Win 10 1803
16 GB RAM

Orbx Global and a few regions installed ( NCA PNW) 

LOD RADIUS at max
High definition terrain textures enabled
Autogen draw distance High
Building autogen at dense
Veg autogen at dense

No .cfg tweaks

FPS are maybe down a few here and there, but just flew the update FSL Bus around KSEA and holding 30+ FPS steady. With DD Seattle Airports FPS are even higher.
However , I did notice around KSFO with Orbx NCA that the FPS were down big time(from 35 to low 20s) . I then played around with the Orbx NCA control panel and deactivated all marinas, marine navigation lights and marine objects.
FPS were back to normal after that

Also tried some other airports like Aerosoft Mega Frankfurt with everything enabled and FPS are more or less the same as 4.4. Tested with NGX

Perhaps there are some scenery objects here and there that are causing this.

26 minutes ago, planechaser said:

8086k 5.1 ghz 
1080TI
latest Win 10 1803
16 GB RAM

Orbx Global and a few regions installed ( NCA PNW) 

LOD RADIUS at max
High definition terrain textures enabled
Autogen draw distance High
Building autogen at dense
Veg autogen at dense

No .cfg tweaks

FPS are maybe down a few here and there, but just flew the update FSL Bus around KSEA and holding 30+ FPS steady. With DD Seattle Airports FPS are even higher.
However , I did notice around KSFO with Orbx NCA that the FPS were down big time(from 35 to low 20s) . I then played around with the Orbx NCA control panel and deactivated all marinas, marine navigation lights and marine objects.
FPS were back to normal after that

Also tried some other airports like Aerosoft Mega Frankfurt with everything enabled and FPS are more or less the same as 4.4. Tested with NGX

Perhaps there are some scenery objects here and there that are causing this.

I think it depends a lot of how many detailed scenery you have installed in the area you fly. And of course, the a/c plays a role.

I have made some flights with A2A C172 in the ORBX PNW area around KFHR. I have all FTX airports of this area installed. It is almost not flyable ...

Example: KFHR T/O from  RW 16 (21 fps) gives heavy stutters and fps goes down on right turn. After a while, when flying North fps goes up 30 but goes down again (15 fps) when I'm approaching KORS from North. All this with moderate settings. Before with 4.5 I had 25 to 30 fps at each situation in this area, even with much higher settings.

I consider to roll-back to 4.4.  🙁

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, planechaser said:

....LOD RADIUS at max...

I was playing around and found that my vram usage was very low. I set LOD radius to max and it seems to have brought things back in line with what I had in v4.4. Not sure if this was "the" fix, but I'm much better off than when I started.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, planechaser said:

I did notice around KSFO with Orbx NCA that the FPS were down big time(from 35 to low 20s) 

This is strange. This is my testbed and I made a before-after test using the very same situation sitting on RWY 28R. Before I had 31 fps, after 29,5 fps. No settings changed inbetween. This is FB KSFO with ORBX NCA in the background.Test done after Client only update and once more after updating the other two modules with the same result.

On the other hand, my fps dropped from 37 to 27 at EDDT in GEN.

I suspect we have some different settings or hardware or software environment causing the difference.

Kind regards Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 4/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, Barnes said:

v4.4 running with an average of 43.2 FPS and temps fluctuating in around the 40-50 degree C mark.

v4.5 running with an average of 35.6 FPS and no signifiacant difference in temps. Sitting on runway, CPU is loaded to about 45% and showing no signs of throttling down. RAM using 7.6 of 16GB. GPU loaded to about 40% and using 4 of 8 GB of VRAM.

Hi 

could you confirm that your processor's speed is the same in P3D 4.4 and P3D 4.5 ? 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars