Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

There is one thing I seem to be able to confirm: The level of detail slider is definately broken. The LOD stays at maximum with all settings. This can be easily seen when switching to top down view and zooming way out.

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

There is one thing I seem to be able to confirm: The level of detail slider is definately broken. The LOD stays at maximum with all settings. This can be easily seen when switching to top down view and zooming way out.

in default scenery?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

in default scenery?

As this a global setting, it makes no difference whether scenery is default or not.

Looks like they may have found a fix for the problem. 

Frame issues in Prepar3D v4.5

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

59 minutes ago, Oliver Naundorf said:

Hello Simbol

I did the tests from 1 to 3 as described.
The FPS were bad as before.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for confirming, Rob McCarthy gave us some explanations privately and we are waiting for LM to give us something else to test before they release the public hotfix.

But I wanted to be sure the above is not a factor.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And, is there a NDA now for this issue or could someone shed some light on the root cause of the performance loss? The tension is unbearable :laugh:

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

And, is there a NDA now for this issue or could someone shed some light on the root cause of the performance loss? The tension is unbearable :laugh:

Hi Chris,

As you must appreciate I am passing as much information as posible to keep you guys in the loop, but Rob McCarthy public post via LM was quite clear in regards the next steps to follow.

I can only say what I am authorised to say, this is normal with any software vendor house and of course more critical with a defence contractor as LM.

Please rest assured that LM is working very hard to fix this issue, also Rob Ainscough who has been testing incisively hand to hand with LM, we must ensure to pass our most sincere gratitude not only to him but also to LM engineers as soon as this situation is resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Simbol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Looks like they may have found a fix for the problem. 

Frame issues in Prepar3D v4.5

Fantastic, hopefully that's the issue everyone's having so we can put it to rest.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi Chris,

As you must appreciate I am passing as much information as posible to keep you guys in the loop, but Rob McCarthy public post via LM was quite clear in regards the next steps to follow.

I can only say what I am authorised to say, this is normal with any software vendor house and of course more critical with a defence contractor as LM.

Please rest assured that LM is working very hard to fix this issue, also Rob Ainscough who has been testing incisively hand to hand with LM, we must ensure to pass our most sincere gratitude not only to him but also to LM engineers as soon as this situation is resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Simbol

Absolutely! Thank you Simbol, thanks to Rob A. and all the others especially from LM who participated to find a quick solution.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks symbol and Rob for running with this much appreciated look forward to testing when ready no rush as can always revert to 4.4 . The scenary by the way looks great in 4.5 much improved.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I hate to say this guys I'm following this while still running 4.4 keep up the good work.  

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I hate to say this guys I'm following this while still running 4.4 keep up the good work.  

This is why I always keep the installers from the previous version. You never know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

NAX669.png

Hi there,

is there any possibility that some one can sent The P3D 4.4 client installer. I don’t have A backup but my fps are bad with 4.5.

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef

This i

8 minutes ago, JeffreyJ said:

Hi there,

is there any possibility that some one can sent The P3D 4.4 client installer. I don’t have A backup but my fps are bad with 4.5.

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef

This would not be allowed and I don't think it would work anyway. You should have legacy installers in your account. Check in your account. The legacy client installers are there.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X