BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I reinstalled Client 4.5 and found the FPS dropped from 45 to 27.

Then client 4.4 returned and FPS returned to 45

Has anyone noticed this?

(ORBX, A-Sky, UtLive, GSX, EDDM)

Edited by BMW969
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

yep, noticed a drop in FPS too, when ORBX stuff is installed, compared to 4.4.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem. At Aerosoft EDDF with ORBX Germany my frame rate dropped from more than 35 to less than 25 with PMDG 747-8 (and from 55 to 30 with default aircraft). Nothing I tried did help, went back to 4.4.

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with you, large fps drop with this 4.5 version!

Share this post


Link to post

No drop at all here on 2 pc’s. Slightly better ( 5-7% )

FTX Global / TE NL / FT Amsterdam 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed the drop right away. I did a full install. I kicked my texture resolution down from 15 cm to 60 cm and it helped a little. I have a 4K monitor anyway at a high resolution, so I didn't see much difference visually. At the moment I am running scenery at dense instead of very dense and the autogen and buildings are at normal. This all seems to help restore the FPS. As always, I deleted the shaders with all these changes...this is a must do!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Those with the FPS drop, does this mean you are experiencing stutters too?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I noticed the drop right away. I did a full install. I kicked my texture resolution down from 15 cm to 60 cm and it helped a little. I have a 4K monitor anyway at a high resolution, so I didn't see much difference visually. At the moment I am running scenery at dense instead of very dense and the autogen and buildings are at normal. This all seems to help restore the FPS. As always, I deleted the shaders with all these changes...this is a must do!

 

 

So the key point after this ‘update’ that everyone is waiting on is turn down sliders and visuals and expect worse performance?

It sounds like an amazing ‘update’. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

FPS a little up or down, does it matter really. I can't see muck improvement between P3Dv3 and and latest V4.5. These updates are minor.

 

LM needs to change to a new engine.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, roarkr said:

FPS a little up or down, does it matter really. I can't see muck improvement between P3Dv3 and and latest V4.5. These updates are minor.

 

LM needs to change to a new engine.

Upgrade to 64 bit simulator constitutes a minor update? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

yeah from an easy 60 or more down to 40 with the same settings

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Those with the FPS drop, does this mean you are experiencing stutters too?

It's still very smooth, even with FPS down a touch. I have everything installed and I am doing it with the PMDG 737 and full weather and UTL so it is actually doing well. I will say this, I re-installed the full ORBX, except I am trying it with out Vector this time. It might help in the smoothness area and I am hoping lessen the infamous "ORBX" pauses.

Share this post


Link to post

I did a fresh install, currently I have only installed Orbx TE GB south, Uk2000s egkk and the AS airbus and QW 787, Seeing a huge reduction in FPS, was was normally 40 with no stutters when panning the view, to 20fps and huge stutters when panning the view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

No performance impact here.  Using all Orbx and my terrain texture resolution is maximum.

In fact I notice significant improvement with loading complex scenery objects in that there are much fewer and shorter long frames when such objects load.  I'm really happy with this latest.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jcannon said:

I did a fresh install, currently I have only installed Orbx TE GB south, Uk2000s egkk and the AS airbus and QW 787, Seeing a huge reduction in FPS, was was normally 40 with no stutters when panning the view, to 20fps and huge stutters when panning the view. 

I do not know how for you, but every additional FPS is dear to me.)  And minus 25-35% , this is critical!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, downscc said:

No performance impact here.  Using all Orbx and my terrain texture resolution is maximum.

In fact I notice significant improvement with loading complex scenery objects in that there are much fewer and shorter long frames when such objects load.  I'm really happy with this latest.

Same here Dan, in fact up a bit but really smooth. Loading times now are all under 20-25 seconds, great improvement there. I'm non-HT and locked at 60 on a 60hz monitor, all ORBX but down a notch on terrain resolution and a couple others to help the CPU/GPU last a while. Just retired and time between rig updates will lengthen so this new one has to last a bit longer than I'm used to.

Just did a VFR around Burlington, VT and I can't explain it but everything looks better some how, little sharper and clearer. ASP3D4/ASCA working great and I am definitely seeing improvement with them, very sharp and no hesitation at all with dynamic changes.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's imperative that all those with low FPS post their OC setting,s if any, as wella s whether they use things such as affinity mask or process lasso. It seems impossible that, if everybody were to run the same setup, some people report a halving of their FPS, while other report no change. There must be a difference in the setups (beyond hardware configuration) that must be affecting the way P3D runs?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

If you are experiencing fps drop..

1. Did you delete your Shaders folder?

2. Are you using speedtrees?

In my case fps are unchanged and smoothness is better.

(Shaders deleted, and no Speedtrees in use).

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

With regard to Bert's comments....

1. Yes

2. No

 

I do have everything hard right but I'm comparing like for like here. 33% or more drop in fps with all packages upgraded. I'm now in the middle of a clean install, just to see.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

With regard to Bert's comments....

1. Yes

2. No

 

I do have everything hard right but I'm comparing like for like here. 33% or more drop in fps with all packages upgraded. I'm now in the middle of a clean install, just to see.

Ewww...clean install.  Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post

I am seeing a little increase in frames at my test airport. YYZ, flytampa. It seems more smooth for sure. And the textures seem to be more crisp. I just installed the client, deleted the shaders and rebuilt my CFG file. Which is what I do on every update. 

Share this post


Link to post

For those with lower FPS with 4.5 vs 4.4, could you try to disable dynamic lighting ?

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to hear that some are having some issues with V4.5.

For my Sim, I have the same “very very good” performance on V4.5 as I did with V4.4

settings are Medium high with with dynamic lighting “on” 

my frames are set to unlimited, I’ve stopped checking the FPS and aim for smoothness, if I were to guess, I’d say it’s between 25 and 45 FPS anywhere I fly, even around the Seattle area with all ORBX, but who knows? 🙂

So far I am loving P3D v4 and right now V4.5 is really running great for me using ORBX + Tongass and all RTMM, PMDG, Aerosoft, ASV4(open beta) REX 4, REX 5, REX WWA, FSUIPC5, Carenado, A2A, Traffic through Vox ATC and Traffic Global, and many many more . I hope some of the others get their issues sorted out.

Still running my old

I7-2700k @4.8

and somewhat new

MSI GTX 1070ti

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've noticed an improvement in FPS, so figured I'd make an account here and post results.

There is a substantial (10-20 FPS) improvement in VR and marginal (5-10 FPS) improvement without.  I did a test flight via the PMDG 747-800 from Orbx ESSA to Mega Airport EGLL.  Normal FPS on the ground ranged from 40-60 and in the air varied 45-70.  FPS in VR on the ground was 25-35 and in the air was around 30-40.

Display: FXAA on, 2xSSAA, Anisotropic 16x, Ultra - 4096x4096, VSync and Trible Buffering on, unlimited target frame rate

World: terrain max with use-high res checked, scenery complexity max, draw distance very high, autogen density dense, dynamic 3d autogen off; everything else medium

Lighting: HDR lighting on, dynamic lighting on

VR Settings: HMDDisplayMode Single-Pass, OnScreenDisplayMode Single

My installation steps:

1.  Uninstall client via add/remove programs, installed 4.5 via instructions on Prepar3d

2.  Uninstall scenery via add/remove programs, installed 4.5 via instructions on Prepar3d

3.  I did not install the content update

4.  Reinstalled Orbx Base

5.  Deleted shaders, then reinstalled Matt Davie's preset in PTA

6.  Reset scenery library order (it was mis-configured when I reinstalled Base)

Addons: Rex Skyforce 3D with resolutions maxed, ActiveSky with default settings, ORBX (Global, Europe + America openLC, FTX trees), and a slew of Flightbeam, FlyTampa and Mega Airport addons

Hope this helps.  PC specs are in sig.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now