BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

There is one thing I seem to be able to confirm: The level of detail slider is definately broken. The LOD stays at maximum with all settings. This can be easily seen when switching to top down view and zooming way out.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

There is one thing I seem to be able to confirm: The level of detail slider is definately broken. The LOD stays at maximum with all settings. This can be easily seen when switching to top down view and zooming way out.

in default scenery?

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

in default scenery?

As this a global setting, it makes no difference whether scenery is default or not.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Oliver Naundorf said:

Hello Simbol

I did the tests from 1 to 3 as described.
The FPS were bad as before.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for confirming, Rob McCarthy gave us some explanations privately and we are waiting for LM to give us something else to test before they release the public hotfix.

But I wanted to be sure the above is not a factor.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And, is there a NDA now for this issue or could someone shed some light on the root cause of the performance loss? The tension is unbearable :laugh:

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

And, is there a NDA now for this issue or could someone shed some light on the root cause of the performance loss? The tension is unbearable :laugh:

Hi Chris,

As you must appreciate I am passing as much information as posible to keep you guys in the loop, but Rob McCarthy public post via LM was quite clear in regards the next steps to follow.

I can only say what I am authorised to say, this is normal with any software vendor house and of course more critical with a defence contractor as LM.

Please rest assured that LM is working very hard to fix this issue, also Rob Ainscough who has been testing incisively hand to hand with LM, we must ensure to pass our most sincere gratitude not only to him but also to LM engineers as soon as this situation is resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Simbol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Looks like they may have found a fix for the problem. 

Frame issues in Prepar3D v4.5

Fantastic, hopefully that's the issue everyone's having so we can put it to rest.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi Chris,

As you must appreciate I am passing as much information as posible to keep you guys in the loop, but Rob McCarthy public post via LM was quite clear in regards the next steps to follow.

I can only say what I am authorised to say, this is normal with any software vendor house and of course more critical with a defence contractor as LM.

Please rest assured that LM is working very hard to fix this issue, also Rob Ainscough who has been testing incisively hand to hand with LM, we must ensure to pass our most sincere gratitude not only to him but also to LM engineers as soon as this situation is resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Simbol

Absolutely! Thank you Simbol, thanks to Rob A. and all the others especially from LM who participated to find a quick solution.

Thanks symbol and Rob for running with this much appreciated look forward to testing when ready no rush as can always revert to 4.4 . The scenary by the way looks great in 4.5 much improved.

I hate to say this guys I'm following this while still running 4.4 keep up the good work.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I hate to say this guys I'm following this while still running 4.4 keep up the good work.  

This is why I always keep the installers from the previous version. You never know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi there,

is there any possibility that some one can sent The P3D 4.4 client installer. I don’t have A backup but my fps are bad with 4.5.

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef

Posted (edited)

This i

8 minutes ago, JeffreyJ said:

Hi there,

is there any possibility that some one can sent The P3D 4.4 client installer. I don’t have A backup but my fps are bad with 4.5.

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef

This would not be allowed and I don't think it would work anyway. You should have legacy installers in your account. Check in your account. The legacy client installers are there.

Edited by Peter Webber

7 minutes ago, JeffreyJ said:

Hi there,

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef

It should be available if you click on the legacy link on the download page

Chris

Thanks to all involved for quickly finding the source of the FPS issue. What's the easiest way to revert back to 4.4 while we wait for the hotfix? I had installed the client, content, and scenery for 4.5 and am getting 18fps in KSFO where I previously was able to lock at 30 with VSync. Would just uninstalling 4.5 client and reinstalling 4.4 client suffice, or would it not play well with 4.5 content and scenery?

Thanks,

Ben 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

Would just uninstalling 4.5 client and reinstalling 4.4 client suffice 

Yes, it will work.

I'm currently on:

4.4 client
4.5 content
4.3 scenery

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

34 minutes ago, mokeiko said:

Yes, it will work.

I'm currently on:

4.4 client
4.5 content
4.3 scenery

fly safe

Thanks! I literally did nothing except uninstall 4.5 client, reinstall 4.4 client and back to 30 fps locked. Took 5 minutes.

Ben 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Thanks! I literally did nothing except uninstall 4.5 client, reinstall 4.4 client and back to 30 fps locked. Took 5 minutes.

Ben 

Yeah can confirm just reinstalling the client to 4.4 works , im also runing the 4.4 client with 4.5 content and scenery , thanks to all LM staff for trying to find this problem and a big shout out to simbol and Rob Ainscough for there help in this matter

• Like 1