BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Recommended Posts

Just now, pracines said:

Has anybody mentioned OS and OS version? - of late there has been a resistance of updating windows 10 and Nvidia drivers for various reasons.

I have the very latest build of Win 10 and I have not been able to detect any performance drop between 4.4 and 4.5   

Do you have multiple screens? that seems to be a factor at the moment.

S.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

How you disable the Nvidia hi-def devices? they always get re-enabled after reboot unless you uninstall the driver entirely.

Just check they remained disabled, but thanks for all your tests..

S.

Disabled via Device Manager->Sound,Video & Game Controllers , and they seem to stay disabled after a reboot.

Im on Win 10 1803

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Do you have multiple screens? that seems to be a factor at the moment.

S.

I have 2 monitors, but I do full screen (background=false) P3D on main and utilities/add-ons on the other.

But even so, has the OS build even been explored? LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

5 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Im on Win 10 1803

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

Share this post


Link to post

I do remember that I experienced severe FPS loss quite  a while ago. It turned out that the cause was due to a GSX update.

Virtuali mentioned that he had started using a particular P3D SDK call with that update, and seemed to hit multi-screen users.
He removed that function call in a further update, and performance was restored.

The issue he discovered with the SDK call, and this issue are probably completely unrelated, but I thought I might mention it, as not many users were impacted by the SDK call issue in GSX.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, pracines said:

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

 

or even better, get on 1903 asap, which is heading for the release preview channel (it's done but due to the 1809 release being such a headache, it'll be served as a preview for a month to make absolutely sure it's ready), as it'll contain the retpoline fix to mitigate the Specre and Meltdown vulnerabilities that caused CPU slowdowns under some circumstances

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-will-banish-spectre-slowdowns-with-googles-retpoline-patch/

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, pracines said:

I have 2 monitors, but I do full screen (background=false) P3D on main and utilities/add-ons on the other.

But even so, has the OS build even been explored? LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

No idea, but according to the Update page, where Ive forced a recheck just today, it states I am up to date with the last cumulative update for 1803 installed for March 2019. Build 17134.648

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, simbol said:

@davetfcCould it be the Windows 10 game mode? maybe others have this disabled for P3D, etc. while yours is active.

Can you try to disable the Game mode in your case and test again?

Also check if you have WPF hardware acceleration enabled or disabled, this is located inside the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

Check if you have a key with the value DisableHWAcceleration = 1

Simbol

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm running a triple monitor setup and I'm having issues with a drop in frame rates after updating to v4.5. The rest of my hardware is listed in my signature. NVidia drivers are the latest (v419.67). Windows version is the latest build available here in Belgium (v1809 - build 17763.437 - KB4493509).

Windows10 game mode has always been deactivated since using P3D v4.4. I checked in the registry and did not find the key "DisableHWAcceleration".

I'm now in the process of completely reinstalling v4.4 as v4.5 would seem to be to hard for my hardware configuration running a triple monitor setup.

Kind regards,

Edited by davetfc
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, davetfc said:

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm running a triple monitor setup and I'm having issues with a drop in frame rates after updating to v4.5. The rest of my hardware is listed in my signature. NVidia drivers are the latest (v419.67). Windows version is the latest build available here in Belgium (v1809 - build 17763.437 - KB4493509).

Windows10 game mode has always been deactivated since using P3D v4.4. I checked in the registry and did not find the key "DisableHWAcceleration".

I'm now in the process of completely reinstalling v4.4 as v4.5 would seem to be to hard for my hardware configuration running a triple monitor setup.

Kind regards,

Hi Dave,

Thanks, your system is fully up to date it seems multiple screens is a common factor at the moment.

Could you please post all your data here for LM? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=196247#p196247

The more information they get, then they will be able to pinpoint the problem and provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,
S.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I am noticing a slight improvement to my earlier post about my FPS being down a bit. I have been cleaning up all my ORBX installs by uninstalling and then re-installing each one, starting with FTX Global and on to ORBX Libraries and so forth.. It has made a difference and improved FPS somewhat. It seems to clean things up and the sim performs better. I also upgraded to the latest drivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Update completed, cleared out shaders again just in case after final update reboot, and made no difference to P3D performance

Copy that.. would you be able to report your issue with all your system specs to LM in the topic I posted above? 

I just informed Lockheed Martin via internal communications, but it is essential that all users provide as much accurate information to LM engineers so they can try to replicate the issue, etc.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Dave,

Thanks, your system is fully up to date it seems multiple screens is a common factor at the moment.

Could you please post all your data here for LM? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=196247#p196247

The more information they get, then they will be able to pinpoint the problem and provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,
S.

 

Done.

Kind regards,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

Now you have Kayla full attention, https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196274#p196274

I suggest you get on with her tests, as they will release a hotfix soon.. I imagine they want to get this problem addressed at the same time, so TIME IS CRITICAL.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys,

Now you have now Kayla full attention, https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196274#p196274

I suggest you get on with her tests, as they will release a hotfix soon.. I imagine they want to get this problem addressed at the same time, so TIME IS CRITICAL.

Regards,
Simbol

Hi Simbol,

Thanks for all your work on this!

Kind regards,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I'm enjoying DCS! 😏

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys,

Now you have Kayla full attention, https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196274#p196274

I suggest you get on with her tests, as they will release a hotfix soon.. I imagine they want to get this problem addressed at the same time, so TIME IS CRITICAL.

Regards,
Simbol

Don't have the issue, but just wanted to say - you ROCK Simbol!

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently another successful update. Good frames and looks great. They must have done something to the light, for on my 4k screen it looks different. I like it.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys,

Now you have Kayla full attention, https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196274#p196274

I suggest you get on with her tests, as they will release a hotfix soon.. I imagine they want to get this problem addressed at the same time, so TIME IS CRITICAL.

Regards,
Simbol

I don’t have the issue either, but I’d just like to say, Well done indeed!😃

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Jcannon said:

Oh yeah its ruined and my local hubs EGKK and EGLL, I have been avoiding Heathrow since TE GB came out, as it was virtually unplayable.

Forgive me if this is off topic, but why would you just leave a product active that causes you inability to fly from your "hub" airports.

Mate, turn it off and go have some fun. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

We cannot claim victory yet, let's hope they find the issue and a quick fix can be provided, but guys please give to kayla the correct information, she is clearly asking specific questions, please answer her the most accurate way possible.

Also again please note that not everyone is having the same problem, one more time we have a mixture here, people really affected by this performance report are those with multiple screens displays (mostly using 1 GPU, so no SLI) who are experiencing up to 30 to 45 percent of performance drop.

Please remember Lockheed Martin developers and engineers do not own 3rd party add-on's like you, telling LM that your frames were great using Airport A from vendor X is not going to help them, test on default areas with 4.4, then on 4.5 and report the difference in these so they can replicate your report. And for the love of god, stay on 4.5 otherwise if LM give you a possible fix you would not be able to test it!!!.

Additionally, if you are experiencing just 1 to 5 frames less, please move along, it is not this issue, let me reassure you it is your environment and other variables, even traffic levels on a particular day can cause such little dips.

Many thanks to all for your efforts and tests.

Regards 

Simbol 

 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

Good morning,

I noticed this massive impact of frames especially in ORBX TEGBS. Identical settings like in 4.4, I have had diashows with the default Piper. But the most remarkable thing is the amount of VRAM that is needed now: in 4.4 I have about 7.2GB VRAM in use, in 4.5 10.4-10.7GB. From 11GB as max. capacity. So I have had several CTD's with an erromessage concerning the graphic card.
In other region like TENL or normal openLC xyz the frames are okay, but not better than in 4.4.
I went back to 4.4 until I have clarification about this enormous need for VRAM; I like TEGBS too much!

Kai

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Good morning,

I noticed this massive impact of frames especially in ORBX TEGBS. Identical settings like in 4.4, I have had diashows with the default Piper. But the most remarkable thing is the amount of VRAM that is needed now: in 4.4 I have about 7.2GB VRAM in use, in 4.5 10.4-10.7GB. From 11GB as max. capacity. So I have had several CTD's with an erromessage concerning the graphic card.
In other region like TENL or normal openLC xyz the frames are okay, but not better than in 4.4.
I went back to 4.4 until I have clarification about this enormous need for VRAM; I like TEGBS too much!

Kai

Hi Kai,

Lockheed Martin is moving more and more resources to be handled by the GPU instead of CPU (as it should be, and as people have been requesting ), so this could be a reason for more VRAM requirements.

The issue as I explained on my previous post, is that nobody can know if a 3rd party vendor -in this case ORBX- did something that doesn't work with 4.5 and if this was the case -this is speculation of course-, you cannot blame Lockheed Martin for it, it would be like blaming LM for FSLabs or F1GTN not being compatible with  P3D 4.5.

Having said that I believe many users are using TE GB south with 4.5 without issues. But my point is that all tests must be performed in P3D default areas -not using 3rd party add-on's- as otherwise we would make LM debugging tasks far too difficult. Did you deleted your Prepar3d.cfg file and shaders? it could be you are using some settings that trigger this situation, also as I have been asking and Kayla too, do you have multiple monitors? do you use them to display P3D on both? your signature says Windows 10 pro, but which built? 1703, 1803, 1809, etc.?

---------------

At this stage, I am really concerned about how bad the reports have been made inside the Lockheed Martin forum, I seriously cannot understand why it is so hard to answer straight questions as Kayla did guys, just imagine her request was a "support ticket form" and if you do not provide all the fields, your support ticket cannot be created.

Developers need proper information to replicate situations, coming to us saying "it doesn't work, fixed it and let me know when you have done it" is the worse thing you can do.. 

So one more time, this is the information Kayla is asking, so please give it to her via Lockheed Martin forums:

Quote

Hello all,

Can you post your system specs?

Have you tested this without any addons installed?

Can you provided a specific location to test, as well as your settings?

If using multiple monitors, how are you maximizing Prepar3D across your monitors? (View groups, stretching the window and alt + enter, external tool, etc)

Have you disabled any performance monitoring tools? (GeForce Experience, Radeon Overlay, etc)

Thanks, 
Kayla


Nobody is telling Kayla any information regarding question 3, question 4 and question 5 and many don't even bother to say their system specifications. If this data is not provided to LM and you all continue just posting saying Airport A from vendor X works fine on P3D 4.4, I can warranty you LM will think this is an issue with a 3rd party Add-on and that nothing is wrong with P3D 4.5.

Just my 2 cents, and for the record I don't work for Lockheed Martin, I am just trying to help all of you to get issues resolved.

Best Regards,
Simbol

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

This could be the reason for the FPS down experienced by some:

p3d.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now