Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

1 minute ago, portanav said:

This could be the reason for the FPS down experienced by some:

p3d.png

Maybe, in hence why Kayla is asking to post your current P3D Settings.. but nobody has!!!

S.

• Like 1

@simbolYour intentions are admirable but unfortunately you may as well be talking to fence posts 🙁 I feel your frustrations. I would post where you signposted but I'm not experiencing any issues.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

29 minutes ago, simbol said:

Maybe, in hence why Kayla is asking to post your current P3D Settings.. but nobody has!!!

S.

I'm a little unsure whether I suffer from a problem or not.

On a default a/c in default scenery everything seems* OK.  With the TE-UK Orbx scenery it appears much less fluid, with stutters, all at the same settings as 4.4.

My gut feeling is somethings not right, but I can't put my finger on it decisively in a default scenario.

K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I feel sorry for Simbol, he is trying so hard to help you guys, he got you the spotlight of LM themselves, and all you do is complain whithout conrete data that is asked of you. Thankfully i have zero issues with this update. Simbol, hats of to you. I'm surprised that you didn't say F IT already. Cheers

• Upvote 2

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

My gut feeling is somethings not right, but I can't put my finger on it decisively in a default scenario.

Hi Kevin,

Ok contact me via Skype when you have time so we can troubleshoot together.

S.

Just now, simbol said:

Hi Kevin,

Ok contact me via Skype when you have time so we can troubleshoot together.

S.

Am here now, just updating some AI...

I did start using 4.5 with a second monitor, for utils, with P3D only on my main display.   After only a little flying (installed 4.5 yesterday) I feel that some of the stutters are due to scenery loading issues, and that my cou usage in some scenarios has gone through the roof.  For example, in Orbx EU Norway my Q400 sits at an airport using maybe 40-50% CPU core 1.  Stick it in TE-UK at EGNX, it runs at maybe 90-100%.  I haven't got the metrics to prove it but my gut feeling is there's been a change.  Whether that's a P3D problem, or just a change that requires me to back off more on the settings I don't know, but it doesn't feel right under all circumstances.

I will do a quick test now using the default scenario with and without my second monitor attached - to see if I can post some hard data about any impact of a 2nd monitor at least. 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I'm surprised that you didn't say F IT already. Cheers

Giving up is not an option for me for anything I do..

Now, let's focus guys.. we want this resolved? let's find the common denominator as we did for:

• The P3D loading issues which was due to CPUs without AVX2 instruction set extension since this is required for VR software to work.
  • The Oculus riff problems.

Give Kayla what you need and you will see results.

S.

A couple of people have posted that they use multiple monitors, but P3D is running on 1, with utilities on the other.  This is how I run it too.  Does this count as "multiple monitors" for the slowdown that people are reporting?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, _Gladius_ said:

A couple of people have posted that they use multiple monitors, but P3D is running on 1, with utilities on the other.  This is how I run it too.  Does this count as "multiple monitors" for the slowdown that people are reporting?

Could be, are you loosing 30% to 45% FPS in performance and suffering from stutters?

S.

2 hours ago, portanav said:

This could be the reason for the FPS down experienced by some:

p3d.png

Since I did not update the scenery, it is still 4.4, this cannot be the reason.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Could be, are you loosing 30% to 45% FPS in performance and suffering from stutters?

S.

It’s too early for me to tell.  I’ve only performed 1 test flight since upgrading, and that wasn’t a full flight.  But performance seemed about the same as 4.4

I’ll try unplugging the second monitor and see if it changes anything.

I figured out, my FPS problems comes with FTX Germany North/South. Disabeling them made quite a difference, even with ORBX Vector, LC, Global installed. This was noth the case with V4.4.

The weird thing is, TE Netherlands has not this problem and performs better.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

58 minutes ago, Chandler said:

I figured out, my FPS problems comes with FTX Germany North/South. Disabeling them made quite a difference, even with ORBX Vector, LC, Global installed. This was noth the case with V4.4.

The weird thing is, TE Netherlands has not this problem and performs better.

Interesting, 

Did you re-installed FTX Germany? did you try to update ORBX Objects flow to see if this makes a difference? if not have you reported this to ORBX?

Regards,
Simbol

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Interesting, 

Did you re-installed FTX Germany? did you try to update ORBX Objects flow to see if this makes a difference? if not have you reported this to ORBX?

Regards,
Simbol

It was a complete new install of everything, I never just update over an existing installation. I have reportet nothing there, as I dont have an account.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Just now, Chandler said:

It was a complete new install of everything, I never just update over an existing installation. I have nothing reportet, as I dont have an account there.

Ok, thanks for your report.

So let me get's this right, a brand new installation of 4.5 runs without performance issues until you install FTX Germany North/South? what happens if you fly somewhere else in the world? IE, USA?

S.