Karelpatch

Mixing P3D traffic with Voxatc traffic?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would love to see that much traffic at KMIA using VOX ☹️. For the purposes of testing,  I created a flight plan KMIA/KJFK using P3D's own flight planner I also created a flight plan KMIA/KMUA using Sim Brief which is what I usually use. In both cases there was zero traffic.  It doesn't really matter if I use a flight plan or not, I can normally just start at a gate and if VOX is working for that particular airport, then there will be traffic, flight plan or no flight plan.

I really don't know what else to do now other than strip everything back to the bone and start from scratch which I am reluctant to do 😐

Regards,

MIke

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help you with this. I've never seen a post here or elsewhere regarding a situation where the traffic could be made visible at specific airports with the sim's activity level sliders, but not with VOXATC. I'm not even sure how this could happen, since both the sim and VOXATC scan the same traffic BGL files and use the same AI aircraft models. Before you do anything else, try running the VOXATC Indexer again, then run P3d4 at KMIA with an IFR flightplan. The VOXATC Indexer needs to be rerun either every time AIG adds a new traffic file or you add a new 3rd party airport to your scenery library.  The VOXATC version of the traffic schedules are located in this file in a hidden folder:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4\bglflightplans.dat

I have a large number of AIG airline traffic files installed and this file is enormous on my computer (1.2 GB).

Let me think about it some more.

Hi Jay,

I ran the indexer again although do this religiously anyway. Set up another flight plan from KMIA but still zero traffic there. I agree with you absolutely that the traffic bgl files are scanned by VOX and the sim. It just doesn't make sense. One other thing that I thought of to try was to go into P3D/Addon scenery folder. I had some ADE KMIA files in there from when I reactivated the taxi links. I removed them from the folder and ran the indexer again with the hope that the airport should now be just stock again. Unfortunately it made no difference.

I found the flight plans file in my Internal Workings folder. It also is 1.2 GB. I ran the indexer file whilst I had the folder open and you can see it update to the current date and time.

I'm hoping that I'm gonna find something really obvious and stupid that is causing this. Then I can kick myself 😐

Thanks for your continued efforts. If you are like me, then this type of problem can bug you until you get to the bottom of it.

Mike

Just to give you an update. I pulled out the entire P3D Addon Scenery folder which is full of all sorts of AVSIM freeware airport improvements/scenery etc. I was hoping that something in there could have been causing a problem but no, still no AI at KMIA with that folder completely removed.

Here's something weird. I tried KMIA again (after replacing the folder). this time a tried using VOX and reduced the traffic by 10% each time and running the indexer between each reduction. At 10% 6 aircraft appeared, 5 American Airlines and 1 Air Transport. At 30% I got 4 aircraft, 3 American Airlines and 1 Avianca. I got nothing at any of the other increments. When I tried to replicate this I got nothing again. I'm not sure what this means, if it even means anything. I thought maybe some alphabetical reason, only airlines beginning with A??? I'm clutching at straws but I thought that I'd tell you in case it triggers something.

I saw that you were over at AIG writing to Koala. I was hoping that he might have been able to experiment with VOX but he seemed to be having problems just getting it to work 🙁

Mike

Nope, but there are a lot of RL American Airlines flights at KMIA. What does the Airport View (offline) look like for KMIA when you look at it in AI Companion? If there's a lot of flights from many airlines then it almost seems like VOXATC is running out of some resource, like memory. That's impossible for a 64 bit app, but there could be some odd bug.

You could also activate VOXATC detailed logging in the Advanced Options utility and then check the logfiles for any hints.

I hate to suggest this, but you also might want to turn on SimConnect logging, run the sim and send the SimConnect log output to a file. Maybe there's a bunch of errors. How to do it:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-generate-simconnect-traces.346865/

Which leads me to also ask which versions of SimConnect are installed on your computer? I think that VOXATC has it's own SimConnect client and doesn't rely on the ones in the P3d4 redist subfolder, but you never know. And while I'm at it, which version of FSUIPC5 are you running? VOXATC uses both SimConnect and FSUIPC5. I think the free version of FSUIPC5 works with VOXATC, but I have the payware version, so I don't really know. Maybe someone else can answer that.