Sign in to follow this  
troyboy66

P3dv4.5 - Upgrade or Not

P3dv4.5 - Upgrade or NOT  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is i too early to upgrade to P3Dv4.5?

• Yes
    • No

P3Dv4.5 - Is this the time to ugrade?

• Like 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I wait to update the P3D when Active Sky releases a new compatible version..., because always it appears issues in the LM's first week release.

Edited by padrot
  • Upvote 1

Iván Guerrero

1 hour ago, planechaser said:

Depends if the upcoming FSLABS A320 update needs

According to the developer, it does need an update.

Edited by troyboy66

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

2 minutes ago, padrot said:

I wait to update the P3D when Active Sky releases a new compatible version..., because always it appears issues in the LM's first week release.

Active Sky already has a 4.5 compatible version, 7035

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, padrot said:

There is a beta version available https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/

Troy Kemp

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Active Sky already has a 4.5 compatible version, 7035

2 minutes ago, troyboy66 said:

There is a beta version available https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/

Yes, but it's an open beta, not the final version that I like to install.

Regards to both of you guys

• Upvote 1

Iván Guerrero

Well, they managed to totally break Oculus VR in this release.  Wonder what else is broken.  

Sorry but I'm rather stunned at their lack of software testing...

rgds, 

JB

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

1 hour ago, joby33y said:

Wonder what else is broken.

Who knows! I'm usually lucky with updates, but based on the number of dissatisfied reports, and this current poll, I'll probably stay away for a bit.

Troy Kemp

Have only just updated to 4.4, and now another update. Will probably wait awhile, before doing it again.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

I’m still on 4.3. Tomatoshade is good enough pbr and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 🙂

2 hours ago, UAL4life said:

I’m still on 4.3. Tomatoshade is good enough pbr and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 🙂

Your missing out. 4.4 and now 4.5 is a pretty substantial upgrade over 4.3 as far as point releases go.

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

I’m too afraid lol. It took so much effort to get where I’m at and I don’t have much free time to start over.

Could you make a few points about what I am missing out to entice me perhaps? After going over the now two change logs other than pbr not much has changed where it comes to long to medium haul flying...

I succsesfully installed all my Add-On's in a clean (complete) v4.5 exept 2 of them:

EZCA v2- which is to be updated in max 1 week from now (since I also own ChasePlane, which is already compatible, i run that instead)

FSL Stuff - but I think they are close to a release

Meanwhile I've installed everything out of my signature including the NGX and the CRJ and some of my airports (LOWI, EDDM, EDNY,...). Also did a short hop from LOWI to EDDM and had zero issues. Haven't had the time to make my own assesment if it's better or not than 4.4, but it seemd to work fine.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

As has been reported on the Prepar3D forum, some people cannot even start up P3D v4.5 which may be a blessing in disguise since significant drops in fps have also been reported by a few who can use it.