Sign in to follow this  
Lokoko

How to brighten up my X-Plane scenery

Hello everyone! I have my screen brightness at max on my monitor. The X-plane scenery is uniformly dull. On the other hand when fire up Prepar3d, the scenery is bright beautiful. On both simulators I have the weather set at clear skys. Is there some settings to brighten up the scenery in X-Plane 11? What am I missing? Please help.

There are several ways, freeware as well as payware. I use xVision (payware). There are some nice xVision settings around, including at the ORBX forums. They turn XP from dull into really nice immediately.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I think the textures in X-Plane is way too washed out,, and too over saturated in P3D. A mix between the two is what I hope we see someday as standard. It's possible with both sims to make them look nice via addons, but there's still some way before they look natural comparing to real life.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Interesting the experiences we all have.  My XP - even with Xvision - seems too bright in daylight.  I'd like a little more darkness and contrast, but monitor adjustments don't seem to do it.  Still very enjoyable regardless.

Ron

It's all a matter of personal preference.  I like X-Plane 11's default "dull" look because reality isn't bright and contrasty.

Reality isn't ALWAYS bright and contrasty. But I've done enough sightseeing flights on clear and sunny summer days to know it can be. And - honestly - I prefer to fly on such days, but that's just me.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Have you tried ReShade? Completely free and has loads of filters which you can tweak to your liking. Theres also lots of presets you can get. Below are two shots from my sim using ReShade. The colors and brightness may not be to your liking. but they can easily be tweaked in real time in the sim just using th excellent ReShade GUI. 

l5R71thh.png

w3Pyxueh.png

Grab it here: https://reshade.me

If you're using an Nvidia card, bring up your 'Control Panel' after you're in game.  Select 'adjust desktop color settings' - select 'Nvidia settings and adjust to see if you get improvement.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into “reshade” and xVision. Olerndirt, Please give me the steps too get into Nvidia Control Panel while in game. My computer skills are rudimentary. 

Thank you, Lokoko

Lokoko,

While you are in Control Panel, look to see if the nVidia is controlling the colors; or if the application (XP) is set to control the colors.  It will probably make a difference.  (Last time I looked, there was a check box on the opening dialog box.)

Ron

I just open the sky colors dev panel and select whichever one I'm feeling for that flight...Maybe not the best option, but simple and free.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris

On 4/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, olderndirt said:

If you're using an Nvidia card, bring up your 'Control Panel' after you're in game.  Select 'adjust desktop color settings' - select 'Nvidia settings and adjust to see if you get improvement.

With XP11 up and running, click on 'desktop' (lower right) then right click anywhere on that.  A short menu, including 'NVidia Control Panel' will come up.  Select control panel then desktop color settings.   Click XP back up from the bottom bar then similarly bring NVidia from the bar and it'll superimpose on your XP.  As the man said - select NVidia rather than Application.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:22 AM, pmb said:

There are several ways, freeware as well as payware. I use xVision (payware). There are some nice xVision settings around, including at the ORBX forums. They turn XP from dull into really nice immediately.

Kind regards, Michael

can x-vision be used with skymaxx pro 4?  or do i need to disable skymaxx.

10 minutes ago, Arthur42417 said:

can x-vision be used with skymaxx pro 4?  or do i need to disable skymaxx.

I don't have Skymaxx installed at present, but I think I saw a report they can work together once. I use it with UltraWeather which works.

Kind regards, Michael

4 hours ago, snglecoil said:

I just open the sky colors dev panel and select whichever one I'm feeling for that flight...Maybe not the best option, but simple and free.

This is basically all I do, works great 🙂