Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Airport not receiving cloud shadows

23 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

I get the same problem with FSDT Vancouver. Hoping a fix comes along at some point...

But this must be specific to these airports since it is working with the rest, is this not the case?

S.

Edited by simbol

9 minutes ago, kaha said:

Don't think so, he fixed it by turning on the 'receive shadow' option. So everything is as it should be.

EDIT: Oh it's you 😛

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Don't think so, he fixed it by turning on the 'receive shadow' option. So everything is as it should be.

But for Simulation Objects.

I have this issue with e.g. ORBX Stewart and Orbx LOWI. An airports surface is not a Simulation Object, is it?

Karl

Edited by kaha

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 minutes ago, kaha said:

But for Simulation Objects.

I have this issue with e.g. ORBX Stewart and Orbx LOWI. An airports surface is not a Simulation Object, is it?

Karl

In some airports they are. A popular way of making airports is making them one big ground poly (simobject)

Also at ORBX LOWI

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Just tested it with a few defaults, a few from OrbX, Flightbeam, Vidan etc. and they all look just fine. It's just FlyTampa that seems to be the culprit. So I'm going to assume it's the v4 compatibility thing with it.

Here I have shadows on FT Amsterdam Schiphol

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I have shadows on FT Amsterdam Schiphol

I don't think it's an issue that affect most of their airports, only some of the oldest ones, like EKCH.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

@simbol @Sethos1988 O gosh...I have the same issue... Just tried at LOWI. I mostly have the cloud shadows turned off due to performance so never noticed it.

I have a clean 4.5 install 😨

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@simbol @Sethos1988 O gosh...I have the same issue... Just tried at LOWI. I mostly have the cloud shadows turned off due to performance so never noticed it.

Try on a default airport, if it works on a default airport it means that the 3rd party content add-on needs to be adapted correctly for P3D.

This would behave the same even if you had P3D 4.4 because the cloud system remained un-changed for 4.5.

Regards
Simbol

It's the mentioned SimObject thingy to receive shadows. Now I have them at LOWI.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I think it might be something with your upgrade process, the reason I say that is I had the exact same issue when I first updated to 4.5, but once the Tomatoshade update came out I reinstalled Tomatoshade and applied my preset and the issue was gone.

I know this is really random, but can you try Tomatoshade with the RD Preset and see if that fixes it?

1 minute ago, GEKtheReaper said:

It's the mentioned SimObject thingy to receive shadows. Now I have them at LOWI.

But this is not the correct way to build the airport in accordance with P3D SDK instructions, now as a result all your AI Models including cars will receive shadows and this might affect your performance.

S.

13 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Don't have any issue with OrbX's LOWI myself, with all the receive options ticked. That is blending perfectly;

GIIRueD.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

But this is not the correct way to build the airport in accordance with P3D SDK instructions, now as a result all your AI Models including cars will receive shadows and this might affect your performance.

S.

I believe addon developers do it to get higher resolution ground imagery. Before 4.4 the photoreal scenery resolution was quite limited and this was a common workaround.